Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 & 1/2 years later

2 & 1/2 years later

April 1St I will finally have Medicare, does anyone know if there is a out of pocket fee for the welcome to Medicare exam? Just wondering so I can go ahead and schedule a visit.
    Go Georgia Bulldogs

March 1st I became eligible for Medicare. So far it has done nothing but screw me up. Good luck.

Thanks, How has it messed you up?
    Go Georgia Bulldogs

well I used to get 30 caths a month now only 4 just to start. I was on medicaid before so it wasn't all that great. My medicaid sent a letter saying they will adapt medicares rules now that I am on that. Used to pay $20 a month for scripts, now about $75. Cheap in comparison to some people but it has changed a lot of things.

I see, I have been without ins for almost 2 years. They said I drew to much SSDI to keep Medicaid, so anything will be nice to have. Out of pocket stuff got pretty steep on me.
    Go Georgia Bulldogs

Medicare would def be better than nothing. I only get 750 ssdi. I'm working now so will lose Medicaid anyway but 4 catheters? Give me a break.

Yea right, I guess they think 1 will last a week. They would rather pay for an UTI, I guess.
    Go Georgia Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue
    well I used to get 30 caths a month now only 4 just to start. I was on medicaid before so it wasn't all that great. My medicaid sent a letter saying they will adapt medicares rules now that I am on that. Used to pay $20 a month for scripts, now about $75. Cheap in comparison to some people but it has changed a lot of things.
    Did you join a prescription drug plan yet?
    I found one that covered all my meds so have no expense.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

I did some research first and made sure I found one that covered all my meds also.
    Go Georgia Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue
    Medicare would def be better than nothing. I only get 750 ssdi. I'm working now so will lose Medicaid anyway but 4 catheters? Give me a break.
    I know it sucks to have to do it, but I've found in the past that you can get caths pretty cheap on e-bay...If you find a reputable individual seller you can sometimes buy repeatedly from them and get bulk discounts when they get a surpluss of supplies.. hope this helps some...its better than onlly having 4/month
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......