Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doc just discovers quad is pregnant

It would be theoretically possible, although usually the Fallopian tubes are removed along with the uterus, and of course when the uterus is removed in either a partial or complete hysterectomy, the vagina is sewn closed on the inside at the uterus end, so not sure how sperm would get into the pelvic cavity and then into any remaining Fallopian tube....

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by cass
    oh, and rdf, i basically had no father to help. many quads have babies and tend to them. depends on the level. please don't jump on the quad/para bandwagon the division is certainly not black and white.
    Sorry cass, didnt' mean to imply the sentiment you mention. If you saw it that way, then I was wrong and probably using that part of my mind that lacks the ability to distinguish such uniquely womanly matters where SCI moms are concerned...I've always been an admirer of your travels through life with a babe, from afar
    Last edited by rdf; 03-22-2008 at 12:59 AM.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

rdf! no need to apologize! and i am quite surprised to hear you even are aware of my situation. my note was more to other women on the board. don't be discouraged! not that your post was, but i have run across many women, quads and paras, who thought they could not have and care for babies. so, just wanted to mention it.

however....now my "babe" is 15, maybe i should discourage ALL ppl from having kids! ROFL

you are kind.

first off, I'd check the medical records on the hyerectomy, because that should not be possible without the uterus. I think I would have the Dr making the support payments,lol.
    But raising the child is the big issue here. If the lady has the support to take care of him/her, and wants to, then go for it!
    After my one and only, I knew that it would be too much to take one more kids, but I would not change having my son.
    Deborah

Quote Originally Posted by cass
    rdf! no need to apologize! and i am quite surprised to hear you even are aware of my situation. my note was more to other women on the board. don't be discouraged! not that your post was, but i have run across many women, quads and paras, who thought they could not have and care for babies. so, just wanted to mention it.

however....now my "babe" is 15, maybe i should discourage ALL ppl from having kids! ROFL

you are kind.
    So is my kid, and no longer a baby, which helps-he no longer climbs on top of the fridge!
    Deborah

I am getting the info from a third party. She is living with someone and the pregnancy was a shock as she thought is was impossible and so did her doctors. The point is she doesn't want to be pregnant and is also looking at legal recourse. She's see some form of doctor very frequently at least 2 or 3 a month and she has been complaining for 2 months.

You can't be pregnant, with no womb, unless it is a tubal pregnancy. The uterus IS the womb. If there is a uterus connected to an ovary, pregnancy is possible, and placentas and all can develop if the hormonal triggers exist.

If it is a tubal pregnancy, and not treated, the fallopian tube will rupture. Pregnancy can't be carried to term in a fallopian tube.

Something is off in this story. Either she has a uterus and got pregnant, or she doesn't, so she didn't. Not much middle ground here, you just can't have a baby without a womb.