Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terminator production is just a matter of time

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    Why go immediately for the negative?
    C.
    Geeze...My first thought was a vision of 1000 of these things let loose onto an urban battlefield each sporting light machine guns on hard points with 21st century targeting systems blasting away at anything and everything and anyone and everyone.

It was funded by the military, anyway. Aren't they famous for finding new and exciting "shock and awe" filled ways to kill people in defense of our freedom and liberty?

My second thought was it sure would make a cool little ambulator for those of us in need of such things!

</IMG>

Look at what Sarcos has slapped together...and I always wondered how long it was going to take until this idea from Aliens would be a reality.

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad
    Mabey the emotional reaction was brought on by the fact that it looks similar to a baby fawn learning to walk for the first time.
    Reminded me of those videos where a deer gets trapped on a frozen lake.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

If you think about it, our bodies are really just a far more complicated version of that robot. Makes me wonder if life here on earth started out as just some aliens' experiment! (Okay, I'll be awaiting replies telling me to put down the bong!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason C
    Makes me wonder if life here on earth started out as just some aliens' experiment! (Okay, I'll be awaiting replies telling me to put down the bong!)
    Saw an interesting documentary the other day on this very subject:
    http://www.unexplainable.net/artman/...icle_796.shtml

(Not saying I believe it or not).
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jason C
    If you think about it, our bodies are really just a far more complicated version of that robot. Makes me wonder if life here on earth started out as just some aliens' experiment! (Okay, I'll be awaiting replies telling me to put down the bong!)
    Hum, in your case - pick up the bong.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C
    Look at what Sarcos has slapped together...and I always wondered how long it was going to take until this idea from Aliens would be a reality.

I think the narrator at the end of the video called it or the combination of operator and exo a "hero". I hope he's just trying to sell the product (hey, Rhino) or is foolishly exuberant but this is a tool and nothing about it can ever warrant the term hero.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane