Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Should i be paying child support?, if my child recieves ssdi?

hey. her mother doesn't make the laws.

i have never received child support from my son's dad. why? because i worked and paid for us, and never wasted my time going to court asking him. and guess what? i can be thrown in jail for this. i am not asking for my child's legal rights. you wanna talk about f'ed up??

hang in there. do the right thing. it'll be worth it. your daughter will be grown and gone before you know it.
    Last edited by cass; 03-27-2008 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barondidit
    The message im sending to my daughter ...in the future is... Dont be GREEDY,coldhearted and spiteful.(like her mother, but of course i wont mention her) its not nice..
    You're gonna screw up your kid with that attitude. Don't for a moment think that you are hiding how you feel about her mother from her. Kids aren't adorable idiots. They know these things. And based on what you've said in this thread alone, it's bloody ironic that you try to point the finger at your child's mother with this "GREEDY,coldhearted and spiteful" crap.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    You're gonna screw up your kid with that attitude. Don't for a moment think that you are hiding how you feel about her mother from her. Kids aren't adorable idiots. They know these things. And based on what you've said in this thread alone, it's bloody ironic that you try to point the finger at your child's mother with this "GREEDY,coldhearted and spiteful" crap.

C.
    i ditto that. despite my son's dad never paying a dime, my son has picked up on his dad calling me names and, at this point, they don't even talk. i find this sad.

Those are just bad attributes in general. IM smart enough not to bring her mother into it. A;though she is self addmitedly MANY of those things.
    Yea children are not adorable idiots. It wouldnt surprise me if she found these things to be true all by herself later in life. As i and so many of her exs found out, after while. All i can say is im soooooo glad i didnt marry that woman. TRUSTME I HAVE MANY HORRID STORIES i wont slander her with. to any one especially my daughter.
    I really dont see why some seem to be soooooo againt me. Its pretty clear cut. I worked all my life so i could get ssdi . My daughter recieves more than ever now recieving ssdi. I am trying to start my life over, and taking more money from my check is unneeded and unhelpful. Yes as MANY have said it takes alot of money to raise a child. She IS doing fine as r her brother sister and new husband in the house we bought which i gave to her upon splitting up. Their thoughts are of what vacation to take next or which type of organic 8 dollar a box pasta to eat.
    While mine are on will i have a dollar 2 my name t eat at th end of the month.
    SHE(AFTER BEING SPITEFUL after my injury) has even seen how fucked up the child support system IS. once your in , u cant get out though, and says she can do nothing about it.
    whateve. id made peace with this whole topic now. 100 isnt gonna kill me. Its the thousands a mnth i need that might. im glad to know she is taken care of.
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

damn...all these years and nobody told me that there was a limit to what i owed my kids for bringing them into this world...and DOH!, all this time and i could have let the "new husband" pay my kid's way..thank goodness your ex has a new husband, your daughter needs someone to take care of her...i hope he isn't as jealous and bitter about you, as you are he..that would suck for her....

....i'm not claiming i've always been the best dad i could be, but damn dude, portraying your kid as such a burden is sad....i'd live in a nursing home again if it meant my kids got more help...how you can put a limit on parental responsibility whether financial or otherwise, is just friggen sad...even more sad, i doubt your injury has a damn thing to do with your opinion, i'm sure it was the same pre-injury its just you have a new excuse to be the minimum requirement.......and before you blame the system, why does the system have to tell you your responsibilities as a dad ?...i mean donor...

Just another excuse????LOL!.....is that what this looks like??
    Nope, i had to go to court like everyone else who gets an sci. Otherwize THEY WOULD STILL bE TAKING OUT.....HALF or more of my check i nEED TO LIVE!........rediculous.
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

as i said before nys is very harsh for child support.
    how many stated make you pay increased child support when their child is over 18 . how many states make you pay child support when the "child" has joined the army reserves and received a signing bonus.
    nys had me pay all of the above and increased my child support when i got injured and was unable to work, and the child was over 18 , had a job and had been out of high school for over a year and and didnt decide to go to college, until they realized that they could get me to pay for college too, on top of the child support .
    nys is very fuc^&ed up, dont put him down because he will have to deal with the horrible system for a long time.
    i was in the military at 17 so it wasnt like a had a life of privilege.
    cauda equina