Thread: a job and train after I graduated college?

a job and train after I graduated college?

How can I get a government grant to hold me over while I find a job and train after I graduated college? I have loans to repay and if I accept a job in my field it will take at least 3 months to start gaining income, and the 5 dollars in my account is not going to hold me over for the next 3 or 4 months. Is there such a grant I can apply for? Any suggestion on this will be great help.

Quote Originally Posted by karlahaze
    How can I get a government grant to hold me over while I find a job and train after I graduated college? I have loans to repay and if I accept a job in my field it will take at least 3 months to start gaining income, and the 5 dollars in my account is not going to hold me over for the next 3 or 4 months. Is there such a grant I can apply for? Any suggestion on this will be great help.
    Karlahaze, I moved your post to the Work, School & Money forum where hopefully somebody can help you get an answer to your question. Wise.

It's called welfare. There are no grants to pay your living expenses.

Where are you getting income while in school? SSI? SSDI? Why will you not get a paycheck for 3 months in your field? Can you live with parents or other family?

(KLD)

The only thing I can think of was already said, living with family, or at least getting a roomate to split costs. I don't think the government will help you on this one.
    Celebrate the moment

TED Stockings