I'm not positive that I should put this here, but it does have to do with exercise, too. If it needs to be moved, I understand!

I am currently in physical therapy at the Center for Spinal Cord Injury Recovery at RIM Detroit, doing 3 hours of pt a day, 3 days a week. My metabolism seems to be pretty high and I drop weight very easily - without even trying. I've lost about 25 lbs in the last year and now am 1 lb below my goal weight. Now I need to build MUSCLE!

I know that I need protein to build muscle and that includes cheese, eggs, peanut butter, and chicken. What else? Is there a particular time that I really should be eating protein to increase the effects? Before therapy, after therapy, does it matter?

What can I do to prevent losing more weight? I'm really not a big eater and usually only eat once a day and it's not because I'm dieting. I've just always eaten once a day for probably the last 10 yrs or so. I've dropped 5 lbs just in the last month from starting therapy. I really don't need to lose wmore weight - just build muscle!

We are concentrating on my core in therapy this session. It's the weakest part of my body now and I'd really like to get rid of my quad belly. Even though I can walk, I'm still stuck with one! We are doing lots of bridges, crunches, back extensions, etc. My abs finally got sore for the very first time this week! I'm very excited about that! And I am finally feeling my abs working during every day activity! That is such a GOOD feeling!

I'd really appreciate any advice you can offer. I've never really had to watch my weight or pay attention to my diet, so I don't even know where to start!

Thanks!