Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Fifty reasons to switch from Windows to Mac

Quote Originally Posted by CNS View Post
    Well, there are certain aspects of a Apple's OS that is superior.

First, it doesn't have a registry like Windows. The whole concept of a registry to keep dozen of entries for each application is pretty ridiculous. If you're an inexperienced user your PC will get bogged down.

Second, malware and viruses hit PCs harder because the largest share of users use a PC. It actually has nothing to do with Apple being 'safer' or whatever. To Hackers creating malware is a BUSINESS, with that being said, if over 80% of people use a PC which platform are you going to develop malware for?

Other than that, Apple computers are RIDICULOUSLY overpriced! The hardware between a PC and MAC is identical. Same mainboards, same Intel Processors, same hard drives, etc, etc, etc.

As a fairly experienced user I'll stick with my PC. For the price of an entry level Apple I have a powerhouse PC with dual 30inch 2500X1600 monitors.
    What are the specs on your machine?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW4 View Post
    What are the specs on your machine?
    I think the guy at the flea market might have been lying to him about the monitor resolution.

Yep, because those 30 inchers are actually 2560 x 1600
    Most everything I say is

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    Yep, because those 30 inchers are actually 2560 x 1600
    lol

I agree with Wise. Macs are much more solid than Windows.

I just had a desktop built for me and I am the Linux System now. I have a 2 laptops, 1 mac and 1 HP. When I had some issues with my Mac, apparently it started out with me being synced with other devices, and odd behavior in the console, I went to the Mac store at the Beverly Center. There was like 50 people waiting in line and like 30 technicians and seemed many people had the problem (which was also something I came to have) was being synced to an i-cloud account I didn't have and to a mobile-me account I never had. I was pretty frustrated so I went down the hall to the Sony store and bought a brand new Sony Vaio Laptop. There was nobody in the store and no technicians.

In the first 3 weeks I was on Windows I had over 23 virus'. It seemed as if the e-support sony system was illegally being used and my whole operating system seemed to have changed. I was constantly being prompted to go to Windows 9 which doesn't even exist, while the sticker on the brand new Vaio said Windows 7 on it. I have no idea what happened to 8. It was very bizarre activity, including arcsoft magical i visual effects invisible volumes set on computer, and some holograms I saw on fb and youtube videos.

Unbenounced I returned the Vaio and received a full refund.

While there was really no threats on on the Mac that stopped me from using it, many things appeared odd to me, especially in the brain. It seemed as if I had some sort of new interface stuff and context switching all over the place being prepared for me using The Regents of the University of California information, on top of setting up Sandbox security policies for me, with user information context values. It was also using a Create Interface Watchlist that were finding wi-fi devices. And I know this was true with context switching because for example when I was looking up PMB data it would say pie maker for dad or something stupid in wikipedia. I had accidentally stumbled upon the console while trying to figure out what was going on with my computer. While many things were very explainable, many things were not. I had Lil Snitch and other programs involved that were working the complete opposite also. And this was all after I resolved my issues. I actually had experts come to my house and rewire my whole systems, changed my firmware and hardware passcodes and install these programs like Lil Snitch that ultimately ended up working the complete opposite. There was some Broadcom 17k wireless controller found after I still experienced odd behavior in the brain repeatedly after I spent thousands of dollars to the Mac experts. The Mac was safe but it appeared I was a total target of intrusion on my information with this controller. It seemed to have bashed down my u-verse and routers and everything these people came in to fix.

I am still using the Mac only to retrieve information slowly and am soon setting it back to factory settings because I actually do understand the Mac the best. I like the Linux system its seems good for looking up information and the open free software is nice. It seems a little difficult for hackers also. I really do enjoy the Mac just have to take precaution after all this. To be frankly honest, I really don't trust Windows at all. I say this because the second I hopped on Windows it was already hacked. At least the Mac was more solid to get in, that you have to far as using wireless bluetooth controllers within range.
    Last edited by spidergirl; 05-09-2012 at 10:25 PM.
    Birds Fly in Flocks, but Eagles Fly Alone...

Weird that the PC was hacked before you turned it on, never heard of that and no idea how they could have hacked it before it's turned on or before it connects to the internet... Very weird.

I'm still trucking along with Win 7 with no anti virus or other security software and still have a secure system.
    Most everything I say is

My 2 cents -

My daughter had to purchase Mac for art school - so I got to experience Mac when helping her out.
    Also had to test some Web based software on Mac mini - in all instances i was incredibly impressed with interface.
    Given that you can now run Windows on Macs - why buy anything else!

Quote Originally Posted by garvey View Post
    Because macs are way overpriced.
    ---------
    C5-6 / '88

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    Weird that the PC was hacked before you turned it on, never heard of that and no idea how they could have hacked it before it's turned on or before it connects to the internet... Very weird.
    It was very weird. There was a lot of unexplainable things which I can elaborate further on later. It was on a Sony Vaio and to be honest Sony really doesn't make the best products these days anymore either. I bought headphones and the second day they broke. I bought a portable DVD player and it broke after the third time using it. I exchanged it for another and now this new one again is not functioning correctly. Its making a clicking sound and I haven't even used it yet. So I am going to exchange and get a different brand. All of this which is Sony products.

However, I have had a Sony Digital Camera thats been ok now for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by garvey View Post
    My 2 cents -

My daughter had to purchase Mac for art school - so I got to experience Mac when helping her out.
    Also had to test some Web based software on Mac mini - in all instances i was incredibly impressed with interface.
    This is not knowledge I am familiar with. When I first had my Mac checked my Bash Log has unusual and unexplained telnet commands sent through a port 1025 to my e-mail. There were further requests from Mail.app to contact port 1025. They thought this was an unusual port for mail to travel over so after further research of that they came to a conclusion that this port 1025 is a well known vector for a Windows based trojan named "Remote Storm". In addition, SMTP is another common use for port 1025. They also indicated that it could be explained as a command line of modification of the SMTP settings in Mail.app. I def had no idea how this interaction was there and knew it did not come from me so they wrote it off as unexplainable because it was a mac system, and the reasons for it being there were undefined.

Again, Windows being a problem. And why on my Mac.
    Last edited by spidergirl; 05-10-2012 at 12:16 PM.