Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Quantum 600

let us know if you ever try one. Would like to know what you think.

So it's been a couple months and the provider just called me now. She tried to pull a fast one and just order a Quickie Freestyle F-11 or something like that. I was like, excuse me sista'?

She was like, "Yeah, this is the one the OT wants you to have." Pffft, like shift I'm going with whatever someone else wants. Unbelievable. Actually, believable, because I already called it. I guessed a while back and told a few people that, that is exactly what they were going to try and pull.

So she's like, my salesman will bring it over at 2:30 this afternoon so you can demo it. I said, hey, whatever, I'll look at it. I already looked at it online and read reviews. It's not what I'm looking for. In my opinion it doesn't suit my needs.

So, I think I'm going to call her back and ask if she has a Quantum 6000 in. Because from what a few of you have told me, you're happy with it. And if you still are, I think I can be happy with it. I'm going to own it and use it for at least five years. I need to be happy with it, not the OT or provider.

I'll sell you my Q600 for 10k

Quote Originally Posted by In the wind
    I'll sell you my Q600 for 10k
    Haha, I thought it was 5K last time. But again, the Province is paying for it and they'll only purchase new through a dealer. Thanks though.

Well just so you know, the Q is worthless outside off of pavement. Don't rely on the MES videos, they are absolutly misleading...mine won't hardly make it across the yard, and when I posted for help at the Pride forum what I got was "Sorry, we didn't test for that and we are unable to help"

Good Luck...

@SCIOT,

I told my DME that I needed an outdoor chair and I was told that if they said that MC would refuse the claim. Something about coding, is that correct?

(Haha, i went back and looked..it was 5k...I gotta get rid of this over priced POS)
    Last edited by In the wind; 05-28-2008 at 01:21 PM.

Your Question on QUANTUM 600

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad
    Ok. I like the idea of having the ability to tilt with the power off. I will most likely have the swing away pedals too. My feet would jump off the plate that's shown in the picture above.

Turning in a minimal radius would save on many chips in the walls. My house has already developed quite a few of them from both my manual and powerchair.

I have a fairly steep ramp in my garage that may cause some scraping on the bottom but shouldn't cause any damage. With the mid-wheel design it may miss all together.

Sounds great! Thanks Eileen.
    Northquad:
    Hi my name is Bob.I'm a Care Cure member. I had the QUANTUM 600 for six months & didn't like it.I have sensation & I would feel every bump & seperation in between slabs of concrete on a sidewalk.I thought it rode hard.It's suppose to have a suspension system but thought it was a farce.
    I just got the PERMOBIL C-500 Pwr chair w/CORPUS II pwr seating system & the seat also elevates up & down around 8" makes it nice when I go to the grocery store & want to reach an item over my head.My chair is hvy duty so for safety if the seat is elevated it won't move in the up position.I have to come down all the way to move down the grocery aisle.It rides real smooth & doesn't jar me when I go over a rough surface.If you want a QUANTUM get the 6000 & not the 600.I have a quad friend & he use to have a QUANTUM BLAST pwr chair which I believe was rear wheel drive.He seems to like his QUANTUM 6000 a lot better with the midwheel drive.
    My PERMOBIL is front wheel drive & I can turn around inside a narrow elevator with no problem.If I put the seat back all the way forward it helps me when I go to get out of the chair.If you can afford the co-pay if insurance is paying for it get the PERMOBIL I don't think you will be sorry.
    I'm a Veteran so I got mine for free.The PERMOBIL rep told me it's worth about $30,000 & I'm not service connected for anything injury or illness.All my disability ratings are all non-service connected for pension & benefits.
    My quad friend who is also an Air Force Veteran is 100% service connected.He got his QUANTUM chairs from the VA SCI CENTER in Tampa Florida & I got mine from there as well.

NorthQuad are you a fellow Veteran? If you are Thankyou very much for serving this great country of ours & for your sacrifice.

Take Care,
    Bob
    Chair user since 12/98
    Vent for Sleep 12/98
    Trached 2/98
    Suprapubic Catheter in Bladder 2/05

RAFS, no, I'm not a Veteran. So my thanks goes to you.

As for the Quantum 6000. I ordered the 6000 just yesterday. So I'm glad you let me know your friend likes his 6000. It gives me some reassurance in my decision.

I was taking a hard look at the C300 and C500 as well. It's a very nice chair. It was in my top choices of chairs. I've spoken to others with the C300 and they're very happy with it. I'm glad it works well for you. They look nice too.

Thanks for taking the time to post, Bob.

Take care for now.

Answering back to You After My Post on the QUANTUM 600 I Use to Have

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad
    RAFS, no, I'm not a Veteran. So my thanks goes to you.

As for the Quantum 6000. I ordered the 6000 just yesterday. So I'm glad you let me know your friend likes his 6000. It gives me some reassurance in my decision.

I was taking a hard look at the C300 and C500 as well. It's a very nice chair. It was in my top choices of chairs. I've spoken to others with the C300 and they're very happy with it. I'm glad it works well for you. They look nice too.

Thanks for taking the time to post, Bob.

Take care for now.
    Dave,
    Thanks for thanking me for being a Veteran of the US Air Force. I was proud to serve for almost 4 years. I was in 3yrs 9 mons. & 8 days. Only reason I now that is because it says it on my seperation from service paperwork.

Glad to hear your not getting the QUANTUM 600. Glad you chose the 6000 instead. As I stated to you my quad buddy likes his 6000.
    I wish you well with the 6000. When you get it let me know please what you think of it after you've got to put it thru it's paces.
    I'll be curious to find out what you think of it. Take care Dave.

BOB

In the Wind wrote... the Q is worthless outside off of pavement. ...

Not so, in my experience. I work in a cemetery that dates back to the 1700's. The lawn is very rough, and so is my back yard.

In October 2006 I bought a Quantum Q600 with tires that grab, and I'm very pleased. It goes on grass. It will get stuck in soft sand.

The bad experience quoted might be on smooth tires.

Alton

At 73, I'm not used to the adjective, "Junior".