Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Quantum 600

Quantum 600

I'm interested in your opinions and experiences with this chair. Both good and bad opinions would help a great deal. Thanks.

http://www.pridemobility.com/quantum...6/600/600.html

I have this chair and like it a lot. Easy tilt-in-space button that is seperate from the joystick and works without having to have the "power" on, so when I have shut the power off while watching tv I can still adjust the tilt without having to turn it back on. I have more "normal" looking footpedals than are shown in this picture. Mine swing away and remove. Aside from that it looks pretty identical. It turns in it's own radius, which is pretty cool. There is not a lot of ground clearance though, so if you plan on climbing hill and dale you might scrape a bit.

Ok. I like the idea of having the ability to tilt with the power off. I will most likely have the swing away pedals too. My feet would jump off the plate that's shown in the picture above.

Turning in a minimal radius would save on many chips in the walls. My house has already developed quite a few of them from both my manual and powerchair.

I have a fairly steep ramp in my garage that may cause some scraping on the bottom but shouldn't cause any damage. With the mid-wheel design it may miss all together.

Sounds great! Thanks Eileen.

Here is mine bro.The left motor blew out.They fix it and it's been fine since then.I've got the swing out legs.

Only thing that bugs is sometimes while driving my finger hits the mode button and turns it off.Yes I say OH F---.lolAttachment 21018

Attachment 21019

Oh I've got a bag to hide my urine bag now.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

That's a good looking chair Geno. Those four caster wheels are larger than I thought. That's a good thing.

I asked the provider here if Quantum was a good company and they had positive things to say about them. Better than other companies I was considering. Was the response quick to get a new motor or parts out to you?

Lol, I'd swear too and have. The wires in my controler have a crimp in them somewhere and it's turned off while I was in motion. The wheels/brakes locked right up. Good thing the tires slid on the laminate floor or my ass would have taken flight. And there was no wing man around to keep my six. You know what I mean? My heart was jumpin' for a while.

Thanks for the pics and info broskies. I'm pretty sure this is the chair I want.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Be careful with mid wheel drive chairs. The caster wheels will suspend the drive wheels off the ground high enough that the wheels loose traction and your stuck. Of course this would only happen on uneven terrain.

It's like being "high centered" in a 4x4 only opposite.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 03-13-2008 at 04:20 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Right, I didn't really think about that. I will keep that in mind. Thanks, FR52.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad
    Right, I didn't really think about that. I will keep that in mind. Thanks, FR52.
    Yep I spinout but usually catches and I'm fine.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Quantum is made by Jazzy and for what its worth I had a LOT of repairs done on my Jazzy and the parts always took forever. I now have a TDX5 and recently had it repaired and the part came very quickly. I demo'd the Quantum and the TDX5 and the TDX5 seems much tougher... Can you demo the Quantum?
    You'll love midwheel drive though, I've done tons of off-road outdoor driving and never got hung up anywhere
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Yes, I can demo it and definitly will. That's a real bummer that the parts took forever.

The TDX5, eh? I was looking at those also. Hmmm... interesting.

I wondered why the Jazzy 600 looked an awful lot like the Quantum. I figured they must be merged in some way.

I think I'll like the midwheel style too. Very manuverable.

Thanks Emi.