Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stairlift

Stairlift

Does anybody have one of these?

http://www.butlermobility.com/products/incline.html

If so what are your likes/dislikes? They make them in the neighboring county, I called them a few hour ago and they're coming over in about an hour. We'll see what they say!

Dave
    Dave

I'm pretty sure that's the stair lift I have...

likes- it gets me up and down stairs It has an emergency lever if the power goes out and it's stuck at the top so you're not stranded. I don't think it can go up if it's down when electric goes out, though.

dislike-it's a little loud, so I can't sneak in or out

Overall, I really like mine. No problems as of yet.
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

that looks pretty cool how much does it cost
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley
    I'm pretty sure that's the stair lift I have...

likes- it gets me up and down stairs It has an emergency lever if the power goes out and it's stuck at the top so you're not stranded. I don't think it can go up if it's down when electric goes out, though.

dislike-it's a little loud, so I can't sneak in or out

Overall, I really like mine. No problems as of yet.
    Thanks Ashley. The noise won't bother me, my sneaking days are LONG gone! LOL

Dave
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48
    that looks pretty cool how much does it cost
    I haven't gotten a quote yet, it should come in a few days. It will most likely come in btwn 9,000-12,000 dollars. The part I like is that its "portable" in the sense that I can take it with me if I move.

Dave
    Dave

Hey Dave,
    We have a different name brand, but it is an incline lift. We love it!!!
    This has opened up another 2500sf for Dan now we can get him into the basement!
    He did get nervous driving onto the platform at the top of the steps but
    is used to it now. He's not independant enough to use it alone.
    I do like this Butler version, we are into steel and diamondplate and it seems
    real sturdy.
    Let us know!
    Cathy

Thanks Cathy, what brand do you have? Is the cost comparable to the Butler? Has it held up well?

Dave
    Dave

Just got the proposal.........$13,400.00!!!
    Dave

I have the same one too. Like Ashley said it's a little loud but it's built like a Tank! I've had mine 14 years and it's still like new. I had to replace the electric motor once, and the wire that runs up and down the rail with the platform once. I bet I use it 7-8 times a day both up and down. They are pricey, BVR paid for mine.

i posted some info on another thread on lifts. there not platform , just stair lifts. i bought one for the basement $100 ($2,000) 5 years old , a curved one for the upstairs , 2 years old (list new $7,000 not installed) for $300. $400 my whole house is in reach. e-bay is your friend
    Last edited by kenf; 03-15-2008 at 12:45 PM.
    oh well