Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 73

Thread: fentanyl

  1. #11
    Hey, johnny, thanks. I''m hoping that does fade... but that's a small price to pay for some relief
    Do you happen to know.. like. if I accidentally messed one of the patches up... so i couldn't use it.. is it ok if I "skip" one? 'cause my insurance isn't going to let me fill it early.. so.. just wondering!

    Thanks Johnny!
    Bbs

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    8,272
    Quote Originally Posted by bbs
    Hey, johnny, thanks. I''m hoping that does fade... but that's a small price to pay for some relief
    Do you happen to know.. like. if I accidentally messed one of the patches up... so i couldn't use it.. is it ok if I "skip" one? 'cause my insurance isn't going to let me fill it early.. so.. just wondering!

    Thanks Johnny!
    Bbs
    Definately NOT. Your pain will sky rocket and you will start experiencing withdrawal symptoms. The directions, of course, say to throw a messed up patch away, and replace it with a new one. But your doctor and your insurance aren;t going to let you "catch up" as you said! I find I have to be careful when I shower.

    (If you think they camr damaged or something though, take them to the pharmacy. I would think they could be replaced.)
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

  3. #13
    so.. i'm screwed this month..yeah, i have to be also. OK. Thanks.. for the warning.

    bbs

  4. #14
    you never ever want to put on a damaged patch!!!!! If mine don't stick I tape it on till it's time for the next.

  5. #15
    duge,

    yeah i read that.. HEY.. so , this is probably a really stupid question.. you know how it says about "heat" and how it can be released too quickly and could even result in death? Well, does that mean.. like. heat to that area?
    Like a heating pad on my neck or something.. is that OK? say if the patch is on my upper chest area? ALso.. I suppose tanning is out.. right? I mean, I CAN go as long as I don't have the patch on.. So IF i put them on in the evening.. on the third night.. take it off, go tan.. then put another one on.. I'll be ok? RGHT? SORRY.. i'm a bit challenged here...

    THANKS! so much for the help. I appreciate it.. I am so going to make this med work.. it's got to, i've tried so many and allergic to even more

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by bbs
    duge,

    yeah i read that.. HEY.. so , this is probably a really stupid question.. you know how it says about "heat" and how it can be released too quickly and could even result in death? Well, does that mean.. like. heat to that area?
    Like a heating pad on my neck or something.. is that OK? say if the patch is on my upper chest area? ALso.. I suppose tanning is out.. right? I mean, I CAN go as long as I don't have the patch on.. So IF i put them on in the evening.. on the third night.. take it off, go tan.. then put another one on.. I'll be ok? RGHT? SORRY.. i'm a bit challenged here...

    THANKS! so much for the help. I appreciate it.. I am so going to make this med work.. it's got to, i've tried so many and allergic to even more
    The way I understand it is NOT to wear in the sun,"directly" I always wear a t-shirt to cover it and NO do NOT use a heatpad in that area, Nothing that will heat the patch up. I don't know about the rest, I always put another right back on cause if I don't I'm going to be hurting like hell before too long! Possibly some withdrawl too. they can KILL! I always keep mine locked up also, we had a kid in our town got a hold of one, sucked it up with a hyperdermic needle shot it on his tonuge he's NO longer with us! you should disscuss the use with your Dr. also the nurses here know about them too!
    hope I may have helped a little, these are just the things I do. I'M NO DR.

  7. #17
    Dr. Duge.. hmm. that does have a little ring to it

    Yeah, I know no heating pad to that area.. I'll call my dr later today to see if I can use one at all. I read online.. NO tanning bed. So, I'll just have to work that out, the tanning bed SO relaxes me and I'm stressed.
    The whooziness does seem to be disipating, thank God. My pain level is actually tollerable.. first time in 6 years.


    take it easy and thanks for the input

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by bbs
    Dr. Duge.. hmm. that does have a little ring to it

    Yeah, I know no heating pad to that area.. I'll call my dr later today to see if I can use one at all. I read online.. NO tanning bed. So, I'll just have to work that out, the tanning bed SO relaxes me and I'm stressed.
    The whooziness does seem to be disipating, thank God. My pain level is actually tollerable.. first time in 6 years.


    take it easy and thanks for the input

    Ha ha!!! I'd have some $$ then!!! maybe, No your very welcome! I don't remember having any wooziness but I was in rehab when they started me on them. Some people use genaric but my Dr. told me not too, she said they were dangerous. Why? I don't know but I know I did try them once and I broke out all over my back and arm. She also told me she would alot rather see me with them as to pills. I wear them on the outside of my arm between my elbow and shoulder. I tried it on my chest once And I itched like crazy!! Glad to hear they are helping

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    1,121
    I have questions about this now too!

    My PM prescribed the 12 mcg patch...notice...12. I am scared to death of it. I have been on Hydrocodone and Klonopin for a LONG time. However, I take only ONE of each a day. The reason he did this is because I have diffuse pain (spinal fusions, neuropathy, etc.) Actually, Central Pain Syndrome according to my Neurologist and he wants to bypass my digestive system since there are issues there to. He insists that I am NOT opioid naive that I should be fine. But I have yet to see any reference of going from Vicodin to the Fentanyl patch. It just SEEMS like a giant leap to me...but maybe not. Does anyone know how much Fentanyl is release over 72 hours from a 12mcg patch? Also, I asked my ob/gyn about this too since I still have hot flashes from time to time. Both he and my PM both said hot flashes don't raise the core temperature up that high. So, I think I am challenged too in figuring this all out. It just scares me.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    8,272
    I found some conversion charts here
    but they don't list Vicodin. If you run oxycodone (percocet) it might give you some idea though. I know they aren;t the same tho.

    It seem like a big jump to me too, if you are controlling the pain with 1 pill a day. (Going back and reading some of your old posts, you seem to be very susceptible to even low doses of meds.)

    edited to add above.
    Last edited by sjean423; 03-18-2008 at 04:38 PM.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Similar Threads

  1. Oxicontin vs fentanyl topical patch
    By jws1217 in forum Pain
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 09:15 PM
  2. Fentanyl help
    By Michaela in forum Pain
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 04:54 PM
  3. Trying to move on to Fentanyl Patches
    By hamilw in forum Pain
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-02-2003, 04:55 PM
  4. question for nurse re fentanyl
    By whiterabbit11 in forum Pain
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-27-2002, 03:34 PM
  5. Russia: Gas Was Opiate Fentanyl
    By Max in forum Health & Science News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2002, 12:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •