Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: so a friend told me,...u can grow pot legal in bc???true?

why would i post about growing weed LEGALY" why not? why r half the questions on here asked. not all have to do with sci. I think this is a pretty smart and friendly comunity, for the most part. They usually have pretty smart...or smart ass remarks or info.
    Marijuana helps alot of people!!It helps me. Im not worried about getting in "trouble" with the law, from talking about it, as i DONT grow or sell marijuana. I have NO arrest record, and i only keep less than 20 grams which i smoke at home. So if they want to "BASH my Door in" and hand me a misdemeaner, id be happy to lauph at them. There are much more important issues in my neighborhood, like the crackdealing projects with a half mile.
    Yes im sure to some/many it sounds like an "off the wall" idea. So did the world being round.
    Orangejello...thanks for the links
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

Quote Originally Posted by barondidit
    why would i post about growing weed LEGALY" why not? why r half the questions on here asked. not all have to do with sci. I think this is a pretty smart and friendly comunity, for the most part. They usually have pretty smart...or smart ass remarks or info.
    Marijuana helps alot of people!!It helps me. Im not worried about getting in "trouble" with the law, from talking about it, as i DONT grow or sell marijuana. I have NO arrest record, and i only keep less than 20 grams which i smoke at home. So if they want to "BASH my Door in" and hand me a misdemeaner, id be happy to lauph at them. There are much more important issues in my neighborhood, like the crackdealing projects with a half mile.
    Yes im sure to some/many it sounds like an "off the wall" idea. So did the world being round.
    Orangejello...thanks for the links

Hey Baron, I'm behind on this. Screw all these people spewing their spat. Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Tiger racing... it seems like you have an opinion on everything. Why don't you put a plug in your piehole, and give some things a rest. It's a good thing you have a support system, maybe you wouldn't be so bold if you were by yourself like Baron and I. It isn't so easy when you're winging things on your own. You should stick to your racing, but I'm sure that was handed to you. Stop trying to rain on other peoples parades. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be so straight forward, but I've read many of your posts and it's getting old. Maybe you and DA should hang out. Maybe get married. lol That would be a battle. lol

If we want to smoke MJ, or sell it, or grow it, that's on us. Mary Jane should be legal for anyone to use, or sell, or to do what ever the f*** we want with it.

But anyways, Baron, if ya move to BC, let me know how it is. I might come and check things out myself.

Can ya hear me now? lol. Party on brother.
    tiger. quit complaining so much. It sounds like you have things pretty good. Unlike some of us.

If ya see a fish, catch it and eat it. If ya don't want to eat it, just let it go,and enjoy seeing it.

PEACE ON

bump bump

Quote Originally Posted by rathole
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.
    Do grown ups outside of sitcoms and music videos actually talk that way?

it seems like you have an opinion on everything.
    It seems you have an opinion on me. So? I'm rather certain that I am more educated about what I speak up about than you are about me.

Stop trying to rain on other peoples parades.
    Don't be obtuse. Somebody posted asking questions about a specific topic. Some of us have responded to him. Some people have offered a cautionary word or flat out told the OP not to do this, but I haven't been one of them. All I've done is state the facts. It's illegal to sell pot in Cali. Oh, yeah, I also offered my dreaded opinion, which happens to be that I believe the law should be changed. Funny, you don't seem to notice that part.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be so straight forward, but I've read many of your posts and it's getting old.
    First off, you're not sorry. Secondly, the only thing "old" here are these pointless personal comments. Take it to PM if you have something against me which is irrelevant to the topic, which clearly this post is or you would not have made a point of singling me out.

quit complaining so much. It sounds like you have things pretty good. Unlike some of us.
    You're damn skippy I've got it pretty good, but I also don't spend as much time complaining about the stuff that sux in my life as some people do. I vent enough, but I don't obsess. You should try it. You may find that you have things "pretty good" too. If you still insist on comparing lives, I'll dig up the post where I list out the more than 20 surgeries I've had and every major illness and life threatening disease I've had to battle in the last 2 decades right up to and including my most recent hospital stay (less than 2 wks ago). Nobody in their right mind would argue that I have nothing to complain about.

If ya see a fish, catch it and eat it. If ya don't want to eat it, just let it go,and enjoy seeing it.
    Wanna hear my opinion about this kind of fishing? No? Too bad. I think it's a sick pastime that doesn't qualify in any way to be termed a "sport". It's sadistic and cruel to put another animal through a traumatic and painful experience for your own enjoyment. Fish to eat, otherwise go see a movie.

C.

do you still get p.m.s. being female with sci.... r u now ?or is it a constant thing? Just wondering... J/k seriously. I guess your just very oppinioinated. I lurk alot here, and see it alot too dude, so your not the only one.
    It is legal to sell marijuana in cali to anyone with a medical marijuana card. It is supplied to the dispensories by many many indoor farmers legally and they pay a tax on it to the cafes. Both here and in b.c. . That is what ive learned.
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

where then, i ask again ,are the dispenseries getting the pot from.??i know its not leagal to sell marijuana to just anyone. i know that. im talking PEOPLE WITH MEDICAL MARIJUANA PRESCRIPTION CARDS. They are apparently buying it.?
    No , im not competly intrested in JUST helping people by being a farmer. I want to make money, who doesnt? Seems like a good cause to do work for to me though.
    What do you meen taxed by gangs??
    and Yes i am much more intrested in doing it in b.c. seems like a much easier less violent place to do something like that. im a dual citizen, so i could move back to canada .is their some sort of licence you need to purchase to grow and sell to dispensories?
    In arizona(another state with medical marijuana, a friend of mine got busted for transporting 800 pnds. after paying 20k to a newyork lawyer he "got off" with a no tax stamps misdemeaner charge. What do they mean by tax stamp??
    they dont get them from people they slang seeds too. what kind of business is that. they sell you seeds then you come back with 6 oz trying to sell? no lol. They get them from approved companies/warehouses.

tax means what it means. gangs tax them for selling 'drugs' in their neighborhood. unfortunately gangs are wide spread here. even neighborhoods you wouldnt expect.....have gangs that claim turf. if you sale on their turf, you gotta pay tax. thats what they dont tell you. its behind the scene.

i dont know much about canada, but its pretty easy to get a card and grow here. all you need is the card.

you stated you wanted to be a farmer, all we're telling you is....be careful, its not that easy, and if you get caught, you are ass'd out. its not hard for them to find you either. you give out all your personal information when you get the card. the more you get, the more priority you are. the feds raid these places and keep tabs on activity.

i have the card, i give them twisted information, but im sure if they REALLY wanted to catch me, they could. but i dont push ounces so im no threat.

btw. growing herb is real expensive (before the harvest). if you can afford the lighting etc, you can pay for medication imo. not tryin to be a dick or anything.

do you still get p.m.s. being female with sci.... r u now ?or is it a constant thing? Just wondering... J/k seriously. I guess your just very oppinioinated. I lurk alot here, and see it alot too dude, so your not the only one.
    It is legal to sell marijuana in cali to anyone with a medical marijuana card. It is supplied to the dispensories by many many indoor farmers legally and they pay a tax on it to the cafes. Both here and in b.c. . That is what ive learned.
    these farmers are state approved, and are not your average joe. they pay state tax and other taxes to keep the feds off them.

you are only allowed 6 plants. yea you could slang them, but, do you know how many people have cards here? lol. you think your idea is original? its almost useless, and medical plants are expensive. profit isnt good.

i also want to add, that talking about herb here is dangerous man.
    i mean, to people from cali, its no big deal. everyone smokes herb here, i know executives that blaze it up. we have cafes like the dutch.

its the people from more conservative areas, you want to be more censored. some people still believe marijuana is the devils plant, while they suck up their cigs, fried steak, whiskey, neurontin, baclofen and vicodines lol.

all im saying is you dont want to come off as a drugster to some of the more conservative cats here. keep it on lock mang.

it is what it is, but it would have been safer to put this in the california or canada forum. and um not talking about being a farmer. thats illegal.

I found a job for you ...

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2008/...marijuana.html

Health Canada looking for marijuana grower

Health Canada is looking for someone to grow its weed.

The department served notice Monday it will soon invite firms to bid on a contract to cultivate and distribute medical marijuana, which is now being done in Flin Flon, Man., by Prairie Plant Systems Inc.

The winning firm will be expected to deliver a steady stream of government-approved dope to certified medical users starting in the fall...

Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Ah but it doesn't appear it is a very profitable business. One reason the government is looking to get out of the "growing" business:

Going up in smoke: Health Canada owed over $500,000 for pot

The Canadian Press
    Last Updated: Monday, April 14, 2008 | 10:46 AM ET

Medical marijuana users are on the hook for more than $500,000 in unpaid bills for government-certified weed, raising questions about the effectiveness of Health Canada's troubled dope program.

Newly disclosed statistics show that Health Canada has sent final notices —and sometimes dispatched a collection agency as well — to 462 registered users since government marijuana first became available in 2003.

"Most of the 462 individuals who have received a letter regarding their accounts in arrears have had their shipment ceased," department spokesman Paul Duchesne said in an e-mail.
    http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2008/...marijuana.html

As a serious side note that I never thought about until now....I am wondering if insurance companies or provincial drug plans might balk at covering the cost of medical marijuana. I am curious now and will have to check the formularies for my own drug coverage.

I do find it interesting that the marijuana was given out without the government receiving payment first. I can't think of any pharmacy I have used that would do that.
    Last edited by orangejello; 04-16-2008 at 08:08 AM.