Thread: CRAMPS and VOMITING

CRAMPS and VOMITING

Ok, so I have a question about menstral cramps and such. Before my injury I never experienced a cramp, EVER. Now they run the whole 5 or 6 days that my period lasts. Now these aren't just, "oh this is uncomfortable" type cramps. These are in the neighborhood of I actually vomit cramps. I have asked my gyne about them and she said that its nothing to worry about. I asked if there was anything I could take to help them or the vomiting and she just told me to take some Mortrin or other pain killer. Well I do but still nothing. I told her that too and she had no other suggestions. She did tests last summer to make sure I didn't have fibroids or anything, which I don't. What else could it be except just bad luck? Can an SCI injury bring on cramps like that? Hope this makes sense cuz I am so sick of it. Thanks!!!

Becky,
    Chicago
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

That seems unusual to me but I guess it could. I would see a gasroenterologist and have some tests to be sure nothing else is wrong.

CWO

After bugging our Premier in Ontario for spinal cord injury funds, my next plan of attack is on the feminine hygiene products for funding. There are no research studies on the corelation of spinal cord injury and menses at all and it makes me cranky!!!! lol

Always
    Stayfree
    Tampax

I'm sure both have mega-money and will cooperate (oh yes they will ...)
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I am surprised that they are new with your sci. From what I have noticed talking with peers, it is the same as before, either yes or no. As far as relief, I always fourn ibuprofen (Motrin) to help the most.

You might want to look into one of the options to limit your periods. Seasonale or something of the sort? I have been considering ablation, but I think it is only recommended for women who don;t plan on having more children.

look here
    and here too.

(You can see that we have talked about this a lot, lol )
    Last edited by sjean423; 03-07-2008 at 11:54 PM.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Thanks guys! I figured it was talked about A LOT, I just didn't have the patience to look through all of the numerous threads that possibly could have had it, LOL. Sorry very lazy tonight. Thanks again!!!

Becky,
    Chicago
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

I was bored, and I remembered some of the threads. So when the search results showed up, some of them looked familiar.LOL
    Last edited by sjean423; 03-08-2008 at 01:06 AM.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005