Thread: Bladder Volume

Bladder Volume

After battling constant bladder colonization and UTI's 2-4 times per year for the past 5 years, I have finally become free from colonization, and have not had a UTI in about 6 months. Urine is clear and normal smelling now all the time. I no longer take any meds.

The problem is my bladder volume. My bladder is neurogenic and voids on its own. My volume rarely exceeds 350 cc's and my bladder will void on it's own between 300-350 cc's.

I have tried either 15mg Ditropan XL or 10mg Vesicare, with absolutely no change in bladder function. I know there are other bladder meds, i.e. Sanctura, Detrol LA, etc., but these all work on the same principle. Can any of these be used together?

I would like to get away from leg bags and condom catheters. Is there something I am missing that could improve my volume without surgery?

That volume is getting closer to normal @ 450-500ccs.You might try the Oxybutynin 10 mg three times a day or Detrol. Have you cut down on caffeine?

cwo

CWO,

I need to cut down on the coffee, but I only drink one cup in the morning, but not on the weekends.

I tried 30mg Ditropan XL a few years ago and got bad dry mouth and was "fuzzy" headed all the time, which would be the same as Oxybutynin 10mg x 3 per day. Correct?

Very similiar, some say the dry mouth is more but the
    fuzzy headedness. Some doctors will prescribe two meds -a low dose of oxybutynin with Detrol.

CWO

CWO,

Thanx for the input. I'll schedule a visit and see which 2 my Uro suggests to take in tandem. I have some Ditro and Vesicare, but not sure if I can take them together.