Thread: u.s. spy sat. shot down

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

u.s. spy sat. shot down

was the sat. actually a threat to anyones saftey? why tell the public? i'm not looking for conspiracy theories but all replies are welcome.
    Last edited by Darren; 03-04-2008 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    was the sat. actually a threat to anyones saftey? why tell the public? i'm not looking for conspiracy theories but all replies are welcome.
    Many people of course think that the military took this opportunity to test their ability to shoot down a missile. There was an interview on PBS News where a very skeptical professor from MIT said that the hydrazine tank on the satellite does not pose a risk and it is unlikely that the missile will alter that risk. In any case, the Chinese shot down a satellite last year. The way the Americans did it was much more responsible. They waited until the satellite had reached the height where it was going to enter the atmosphere and then shot it, so that it would not leave any space debris. In contrast, the Chinese shot their satellite in a way that left a lot of space debris.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...e/4249458.html

Many countries are made aware of missile testing so someone else doesn't panick.

"OMG! They launched a missile.. return fire!"
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org