Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: TYPING (& other 'Q' HAND functional uses/tools)

how do you guys weave utensils thru your fingers? i'm tired of bringing my own u-cuff & utensils to restaurants...
    "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."
    ...Mark Twain

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
    ...Winston Churchill

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
    ...George Bernard Shaw

Over thumb, under index and middle fingers, over ring and pinky fingers. It's a little sloppy, might be better to go under pinky but it's hard for me to do that by myself. I suppose I can ask someone...

Or (more effective) I take a rubber band and tie it around my thumb and utensil and use it like my utensils at home:

I have it on top of my thumb nail area and between my middle and ring fingers.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

so, for stabbing food you use your other hand to push the top/tip of the handle? it seems like the fork would just slide thru when trying to poke food otherwise...
    "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."
    ...Mark Twain

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
    ...Winston Churchill

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
    ...George Bernard Shaw

I do the fork/spoon on top of my thumb and weave thru 2nd and middle finger, and if needing to stab something thicker like meat, I bolster with my other hand.
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

you know I don't think I stab food really, but when I do I believe I push on the tip.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Of course, of course. Most quads are always looking for a source of metal bails for fused glass and mallard duck jewelry. I'm always misplacing mine.

lmao Jeff!!

This is how I hold a fork.

This is how I stab with a fork.