Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: TYPING (& other 'Q' HAND functional uses/tools)

Thx Chick, I'm hoping this won't require a revision.

Re: using a q-tip: when I was little, I always loved it when my mom cleaned my ears cause it felt so good! Then, when I was in rehab, my sister would always jump at the opportunity to clean my ears, for some reason she really liked doing it. No point to this story btw.

I need some tips on upper-body dressing. I can get a shirt over my head but can't pull it down in the back or in the front over my boobs and I don't even know where to start to take it off. Same thing for zip-up sweatshirts/jackets. (Am anticipating the smart-ass answers from the guys )

Thanks.

Talking

All us guys would be glad to help you out

<see, that was not a smart-ass answer, was it>

Quote Originally Posted by mimin
    I don't even know where to start to take it off. Same thing for zip-up sweatshirts/jackets. (Am anticipating the smart-ass answers from the guys )

Thanks.

I need some tips on upper-body dressing. I can get a shirt over my head but can't pull it down in the back or in the front over my boobs and I don't even know where to start to take it off. Same thing for zip-up sweatshirts/jackets. (Am anticipating the smart-ass answers from the guys )

Thanks.
    To pull my shirt over my non abundant boobs I stick my hand under it where it's bunched and just pull it with I guess the back of my hand and thumb [it's so automatic!], for the back I hold onto my push arm lean forward and with my stronger arm pull the bunched shirt down with mainly my thumb. Taking it off I put my strong arm/hand under shirt into arm pit area pull shirt to get elbow out and then pull over head then other arm. Unzipped jackets I put behind me first then put arms thru or put arms thru then swing over my head [not the graceful way].

Does that make any sense?

Good luck with the stoma issue! My bud is shrinking making my belly button look tiny, I was actually worrying the cath might not fit in!

thanx chick I'll try it your way to see if it helps.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

this might be an obvious technique, but for zipped jackets ive now left them zipped and pull them over my head on and off. I used to try zipping and unzipping when i really don't need to.

for shirts i grow my thumb nails long and hook my nail in the bottom seam of my shirt and slide my hand down my lower back.
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

Thanks.
    hmmm... hopefully chick will come to e rescue n post a vidio on quad dressing. i know id like to see that

Thanks.
    To get my shirt down in the back, I lean forward and wiggle side to side. To take a shirt off, I put my left hand up the front of my shirt and put my thumb in the armpit area of my right sleeve. Then I pull my right arm out of the sleeve, then head out the neckhole and then pull it off my left arm. No boobs though, not sure how it would be with a set.

Abundant boobs here, so getting shirts down is a two step process. The hardest is getting it over my head. I lean as far forward as I can so that the shirt is traveling as horizontally as possible and sort of shake it over my head. Then it gets to the boobs and doesn't go any further by gravity, so I sort of stick my thumb in the bunched up shirt and just keep tugging away at it till it is down to my waist level. The back of the shirt sort of follows the front, although I have been known to use a hook on a stick to drag it down if it doesn't just go on its own accord.

Yup, I've been doing it like that (or trying at least) but it only works with big t-shirts. It also gets more challenging when putting a sweatshirt over a long-sleeved shirt b/c the sleeves bunch up underneath at the elbows. Hmmm. Thanks for the replies; if it works for you then I've got to be able to do it too!

Yup, I've been doing it like that (or trying at least) but it only works with big t-shirts. It also gets more challenging when putting a sweatshirt over a long-sleeved shirt b/c the sleeves bunch up underneath at the elbows. Hmmm. Thanks for the replies; if it works for you then I've got to be able to do it too!
    If I put a sweatshirt over a long sleeve shirt, I pull the ends of the ls shirt with my teeth over my thumb to hold it while I put my arm through the sweatshirt, 1 arm at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottS
    new letter opener, no cord or battery needed:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZBHZT3a-FA

hey chick--any luck getting a pic of your q-tip technique?
    Had a really shitty day, that link just sorted me right out.

Chick your a legend again.