Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schwalbe Marathon

Schwalbe Marathon

I need some user advice....I just ordered a pair. I know the say they are non-marking black tires...but are they really? I had a set of black tioga high pressure bike tires last go round. They thrashed the carpet in my old apartment...you could see black trails everywhere. I have tan-ish colored carpet in the bedrooms in my house to hide my yellow lab's frequent shed hair and hope the schwalbes aren't going to leave the above mentioned tracks. Anyone that knows the schwalbes...please chime in and let me know. BTW, I'm running the primo passage right now..treads grey but they've been great. I like the look of the schwalbes better and the puncture resistance is nice, so we shall see...
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies...

Mine have never left any marks, on any floor surfaces (outside of any grime that was on the tire). I've been running them for about 9 months.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

Same here. Been using them for about a year. No marks on my floors either.

I've had them about a month - our house is 90% tile floors, no marks whatsoever. In addition, you can put more air in them so chair rolls smoother and due to surface of tire brakes grab better.

We have light berber carpet and it has not shown any marks from my marathons. Even when they are wet.

appreciate it everyone, guess they'll be fine.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies...

Yep, they are awesome tires. I run Shwalbe on both handcycles too, the Stelvios, great tires, I like them better than Contis and less money.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

landon-
    you know I give my opinion honestly btw, good to see ya 'round again...
    I LOVE my Schwalbe's!!!! Got 'em in August, add air 'bout once a month(same as my old tires)...I see no black marks anywhere...I'm always goin' in and out...I was just up in Ohio for 3 months(yes in the winter, ya know I'm back-asswards) and the carpet in the apartment was no worse for the wear with 'em...I see no marks on any floor surfaces anywhere from 'em...

One thing I didn't think about ahead of time is that they ARE directional tread, so I have to pay attention to which wheel goes on which side when I'm assembling my chair...lol...It DOES make a difference in speed even though it's not a whole lot of tread...

Once ya get 'em let us know how you like 'em...Also update us! it's been far too long since ya checked in!
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

just a note: They are heavier than primo and kenda tires. You'll feel it on ramps and hills.

But they last way longer.