Thread: Workout Routines

Workout Routines

Im A C7 That Can Move My Legs. What Are Some Good Workouts To Help To Start Walking?

Hi Juju,

Welcome.

Move, move, move! Move what you can and move what you can't. Get in the pool and move. Did I mention moving?

Seriously, daily movement will improve your quality of life. I don't know about your trunk control, but working your core is a start. Before even getting out of bed in the morning do leg lifts and stretch. Do back-ups and side leg lifts. There are a number of programs that you can find on this site.

Here's the hard part. You are the only person who will get you on your feet. You are the only person who will feel the uncomfort that comes with effort. Work through it. My hope is to encourage you.

Pat

What Pat said is good. I would add to that and say try and get some professional gait training therapy. The Miami Project has a Lokomat, as well as the vet hospitals over in Gainsville and Tampa....which is almost right around the block from you. Do you have insurance?
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Pat, you encouraged Juju, but you also encouraged me. Yesterday I asked someone to be my backup when I am feeling down and was pretty much told the same thing you said. So thank you.

We all need encouragement on this long road.

Never give up!!!!!!

hey, this looks like a PM I got last night..lol.. Pat is right and try to work with the thera band it helps build strength and then the FES Bike. then get on the parallel bars. as pat said you are the one who is in charge of your therapy. you get out of it, what you put in to it.

Julius -
    You know what to do!! But most importantly, especially for you, is to be consistent!
    I hope all is well
    Lindsay

JuJu,

Check out this thread.
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer