Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Take Me Back To The 60's

Take Me Back To The 60's

Memories!!! I just got this in an e-mail. It was almost like watching a chick flick. I get so emotional when I'm nostalgic. Hope the link works.

http://objflicks.com/TakeMeBackToTheSixties.htm
    Last edited by cara_m; 02-21-2008 at 06:29 PM.

Wow, that first part was distorted, though! My first clear memory is Dad coming home from work, when JFK was assassinated. It's funny that Cool Hand Luke is listed among favorite movies, that's a gritty movie to this day. I love the 5th Dimension at the end. Grandma bought me the album when I was 8. Still have it too! Thanks, I enjoyed that.

I was born in the late 50s, so I remember the beginning of the 60s only as a small child. It did bring back a lot of memories! I had actually forgotten until now that we would (rarely .... it was a treat) got out for "15 cent hamburgers". That is what we referred to them as. I think it was at a Hardees or something, there wasn;t a McDs near us.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I recall a McDonalds commercial that ran on TV for some time, touting how you could "feed a family of four for five dollars - and get change."

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    My first clear memory is Dad coming home from work, when JFK was assassinated. Thanks, I enjoyed that.
    Wow!!! I'm very impressed Betheny. You were as sharp and aware back then as you are today. I can see why mimin has you for a role model. Your first memory was when you were three years old? I'm not telling any secrets, I looked at your profile.lol I remember JFK assasination but I wasn't three. I'm trying to think now what my first memory was.

The 60's were a cool time it's just to bad I had to end the decade with a bang. My head on the bottom of a pool.

who is this man

A) German Ambassador to the United States?

B) Spokane, Washington serial killer?

C) Announced Presidential candidate in 08?

D) CEO of Haliburton?
    oh well

who would of guessed , feel real old now
    oh well

Actually I was hot for Micky Dolenz while all the other teeny boppers were drooling over Davy Jones.

my first real memory as a kid was watching the funeral of JFK going down the street with the horse's pulling the wagon.
    oh well

Quote Originally Posted by kenf
    A) German Ambassador to the United States?

B) Spokane, Washington serial killer?

C) Announced Presidential candidate in 08?

D) CEO of Haliburton?

kenf, very cleaver but you left out a choice, I will not give it away but offer a clue instead........ Here we come, walking down the street, we get the funniest looks from, everyone we meet, hey hey_________________________!

I miss the 60's too. I remember sitting in Mr Deluca's art class, in the 2nd grade and him telling us that the president was dead. I recall having school off, watching the funeral and my parents being devastated. Most especially Dad, he was from Mass, he cried real bad . These images are seared in my mind forever and clearly as if it were yesterday.