Thread: Dr. Brucker

Dr. Brucker

I am surprised that I have not seen any threads (maybe I missed them?)about the recent passing of Dr. Bernard Brucker. He was one of the founders and original co-director of the Miami Project, and developed the Brucker Biofeedback Method. This is a sad loss for the SCI community.

http://legacy.com/SunSentinel/Obitua...onID=103725445

http://www.healingtherapies.info/BIOFEEDBACK.htm

Omgosh I hadn't even heard. How sad.
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

--Charles Bukowski

OMGs! Bernie's dead?? I just spoke to someone at the Project yesterday. I can't believe they didn't tell me. His death is a huge loss to not only his family and friends, but to the countless other lives he touched over the years. He was a funny, brilliant, quirky, caring, passionate man who attacked all areas of his life, professional and personal, with the same infectious enthusiasm. I will miss him.

C.

There is an on-line guest book attached to the obituary above if you would like to leave a message for his family.

(KLD)

I can't believe it! We just took our son Adam to Miami and spent 3 weeks with Dr. Brucker. It is because of him that Adam is now moving his fingers on his right hand! This is so sad!

The loss of a saintly brilliant man like Dr. Brucker makes us all question our faiths, doesn't it.

so I ask myself....what would Dr. Brucker tell me to be doing right now? hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by JakeHalsted
    so I ask myself....what would Dr. Brucker tell me to be doing right now? hmmm
    First off, he'd be telling you not to refer to him as a "saint". After that, it would likely be something funny, but functional.

C.

Thank you all for your kind words, "B" my uncle always had such a huge heart.

My sister, Tami, and I would like to thank you all for your kind words about my Uncle Bernie. Who was so much more than an uncle to us. He was our father when we needed one, best friend, and our Hero. We miss him everyday. His ability to touch so many with such a gentle embrace, his laughter , his light will live on through all of you and all of us. Thanks again, "Lizzy"

We spent time with him in PA and are so lucky. An amazing man.

Quote Originally Posted by adopteddaughtersofDr.B View Post
    My sister, Tami, and I would like to thank you all for your kind words about my Uncle Bernie. Who was so much more than an uncle to us.
    I still think about your Uncle quite often. It's hard to imagine going back to Miami knowing he isn't there. It's nice to hear from his family. Know that he's still missed by others as well.

C.