Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what cushion when in car?

Blog Entries

what cushion when in car?

I'm still new as an SCI and have only been out in car long enough to run errands. Do I need to get a specific cushion to sit on in car? Will I need it all the time or only when out for several hours. I use the verilite revolution in my chair. I suppose I could transfer it to the car, but the profile seems to high to feel stable when in sitting on.

It's up to the individual would be my guess.

Most of my trips are short. If I do go for a lengthy drive, 6 hours or more, then I might use my regular cushion.
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

I don't use an extra cushion, if I am in the car for long I weight shift and also check for wrinkles in my clothes under my seat bones. I spend more time getting rid of wrinkles under my butt then anything else.

I use a cocyxe cushion. has a v shape cut out in the back

Blog Entries
    on that cocyxe cushion, I thought we we weren't supposed to sit on cushions with cut-outs because of some weird way it caused pressure?

I don't have an SCI but I do have moderate to severe lumbar spinal stenosis as well in the sacrum also. I use a low profile ROHO CUSHION
    when I'm out & about in my Braun Entervan. At home I sit on my ROHO hight profile cushion on the couch as well at the table in the dining area.
    For a long time I have not been able to sit on a hard surface. If I sit on the toilet seat to long my legs no numb from the knees all the way in to my toes. I tried a ROHO toilet seat cushion but I didn't like it.

Robear

Cool

I guess you should check your skin after driving to see if your seat is an issue if this concerns you, especially if your ass is scarping anything. Avoid heated seats!

I've been in and out of cars for over 25 years post and never have had issue with a car seat.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

I use the one inch Roho. I have sit on it eight hours driving 600 miles and it works great. Great investment. 100$
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

I don't use any cushion at all in the car, as I have wonderfully upholstered seats that are far better than anything on my wheelchair seat. I agree with the checking of your skin to see if you need something after a ride of moderate distance.

I use a big (17x19) Roho Contour Select on my car seat. It's not ideal (I have to pump it up just a bit more than one should for proper immersion), but it's better than nada.

I have ZERO butt so I think using a good cushion is a must regardless what I am sitting on. I'd rather be too paranoid than wrong when it comes to my lil'butt. No problems thus far, knock on wood.

I also like that it channels my femurs well and keeps my knees from driftin' and floppin' around during "spirited" driving.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.