Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: very recent bladder issue. please help

very recent bladder issue. please help

in the past, if i would wait too long before i cath, i would pee myself. (like overnight) when i would notice i peed myslef, i would cath, and it would let out anywhere from 300ml to 600ml.
    since saturday, its been ridiculous. i've had to cath every hour to 2hrs. during the day. even then, i still might pee myself. i think i did it about 5 times yesterday. when i notice i've done it, i cath, and hardly anything comes out. from a dribble to 50ml.
    i've set my alarm clock to wake me up every 2hrs at night, and i still managed to pee myself this morning.
    what in the heck could be going on? i took urine to the dr yesterday, b/c i figured i had a bladder infection....nope, all is well.
    thank you for your advice!

You need to have a complete work up with you Urologist. I had the same problem for three years then I just went for an Augmentation because my bladder wouldn't hold 200cc's. Best thing I ever did. I peed myself 24/7 and got so tired of changing cloths peeing in my wc and laying in pee all night long and changing the pads under me. Good luck.
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by marielea
    in the past, if i would wait too long before i cath, i would pee myself. (like overnight) when i would notice i peed myslef, i would cath, and it would let out anywhere from 300ml to 600ml.
    since saturday, its been ridiculous. i've had to cath every hour to 2hrs. during the day. even then, i still might pee myself. i think i did it about 5 times yesterday. when i notice i've done it, i cath, and hardly anything comes out. from a dribble to 50ml.
    i've set my alarm clock to wake me up every 2hrs at night, and i still managed to pee myself this morning.
    what in the heck could be going on? i took urine to the dr yesterday, b/c i figured i had a bladder infection....nope, all is well.
    thank you for your advice!
    swetty ....neurogenic bladder and spasms...i have the same problem.
    try some antispastics bladder meds.for me did not work.check a good urologist who have knowledge about sci ...a uti can cause leaking as well.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

I'm seeing the urologist tomorrow for exactly the same thing, marielea. I'll let folks know what they find!

every injury and individuals are diffr....let me give you an example guys....6 years since my injury .....when i do not leak means severe uti .....when i leak the urine wont stay in my bladder and i am happy ....no AD fever ,chills etc. .....SORRY IF I AM WRONG.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

When it happens to me, that ofter, it has always meant an infection. Do you take any type of medication for your bladder? (ditropan, etc).

ps too much caffeine also causes me to have accidents. but not as ofter as you are mentioning.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

How do they know you don't have an infection so quickly? A C&S takes 72 hours for the final results. If they just did a gram stain or dip stick, take in another specimen. Thoses tests are not appropriate for someone with a SCI.

I assume you have cut out caffeine and any other bladder irritants (sugary drinks, etc.)?

(KLD)

I knew about caffeine, but sugary drinks can increase leakage as well? Time to switch to diet caffeine-free soda (or water), though I don't drink much soda in the first place.

All I know is I'm like a Betsy-Wetsy doll and I'm getting sick of it. What goes in the mouth immediately comes out down below. I envision a plastic tube directly connecting my throat to my urethra. Woke up sopping wet again today. Hopefully the urologist will have some insight into the matter later today, if so I'll post.

Interesting on the sugar KLD. Now that you mention it, sweetened iced tea is one of my worst culprits! If I order it at a restaurant, I am lucky to make it home. I was blaming the caffeine, but the double punch must make it worse.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I just got back from the urologist. I'm scheduled for a urodynamics test next month. I was also given a prescription for amitriptyline, though I'm not exactly sure how it is supposed to help. Other than that, nothing to report.

I suspect you'll need to see a urologist as well, marielea, and they'll probably recommend the same test for you.