Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Deputy dumps quadriplegic man in wheelchair onto the floor

Quote Originally Posted by anthony
    That make him a dickhead wannabe detective......
    Anthony ... this and the other thread of Herco's. Consider this your warning. Personal attacks are not welcome here .. rules of the forum.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by Herco16

I needed a good laugh today! Lets get this back on track!

Dave
    Good for you, Dave.

The police officers were merely suspended, some with pay, for dumping this man on the ground. Must one go so far as to kill a prisoner to be fired from this police force?

This is beyond wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer
    Anthony ... this and the other thread of Herco's. Consider this your warning. Personal attacks are not welcome here .. rules of the forum.
    he attacked first.........damn

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose
    The police officers were merely suspended, some with pay, for dumping this man on the ground. Must one go so far as to kill a prisoner to be fired from this police force?

This is beyond wrong.
    Firing an officer is difficult. In most situations it takes more than the Chief or Sheriff saying the magic words, it takes city council or county commisioners to agree and pass a vote.

A suspension is probably all they could do for the time being.

Dave
    Last edited by Herco16; 02-13-2008 at 01:24 PM.
    Dave

That's unreal and uncalled for.... speechless.
    T-5 incomplete

Jake's Pop

Here is the video.

Police suspended for wheelchair dumping

Police suspended for wheelchair dumping

Fla. Deputies Suspended After Purposely Tipping Quadriplegic Man Out of Chair

Staff
    AP News

Feb 12, 2008 23:19 EST

Four Hillsborough County sheriff's deputies have been suspended after purposely tipping a quadriplegic man out of his wheelchair at a jail, authorities said Tuesday.

Orient Road Jail surveillance footage from Jan. 29 shows veteran deputy Charlette Marshall-Jones, 44, dumping Brian Sterner out of his wheelchair and searching him on the floor after he was brought in on a warrant after a traffic violation.

Sterner said when he was taken into a booking room and told to stand up, Jones grew agitated when he told her that he could not.

"She was irked that I wasn't complying to what she was telling me to do," he told The Tampa Tribune. "It didn't register with her that she was asking me to do something I can't do."

Jones has been suspended without pay, and Sgt. Gary Hinson, 51, Cpl. Steven Dickey, 45 and Cpl. Decondra Williams, 36 have also been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation, sheriff's spokeswoman Debbie Carter said.

"The actions are indefensible at every level," Chief Deputy Jose Docobo said. "Based on what I saw, anything short of dismissal would be inappropriate."

He said the officers' actions were an aberration.

A woman who answered Jones' telephone said Jones was unavailable. A message left at a telephone number listed for a Steven Dickey in Tampa was not immediately returned Tuesday night. Listings for Hinson and Williams could not be located.

"That none of the supervisors acted upon what they saw is of great concern," Docobo said. "This is not the norm at the sheriff's office."

more http://www.rawstory.com/news/mochila..._02122008.html

quad man "dumped" from wheelchair

go to WWW.todayshow.com scroll thru "todays videos" to "deputy dumps man from wheelchair"
    this is UNBELIEVABLE, I hope this deputy looses her job at the very least

"But he was pierced for our transgressions,he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed" Isa 53:5