Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Deputy dumps quadriplegic man in wheelchair onto the floor

Deputy dumps quadriplegic man in wheelchair onto the floor

I'm acquaintances with this guy who was dumped on the floor, a friend of a friend. There's no excuse for this shit...

Tampa, Florida - Brian Sterner broke his neck almost 14 years ago and is a quadriplegic.

Sterner, who can drive, was arrested on a traffic violation. When he was booked into the Orient Road Jail last month, Sterner couldn’t believe what happened.

He says a deputy looked at him and didn’t believe he was a quadriplegic. She walked behind him, took the handles on the back of the hospital-grade wheel chair and dumped it forward.
    Full story with video of the incident...
    Last edited by Scorpion; 02-12-2008 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Changed thread title.

holy crap........why did he go to jail?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321
    why did he go to jail?
    I'm not sure, but it's irrelevant to what the officer did to him, don't you think?

I forward the clip and article to the NH Standard & Training Police Academy. They do all sorts of sensitivity training for dealing with other cultures, ethnicities, etc. I would think that this would be good additional training.

Liz
    I wished upon a falling star, I wished it had not fallen...

I would surely get banned if I stated what I feel should happen to this Deputy.

What a bunch of dumbasses. I can't believe they let idiots like this have such a job. There are so many of these types with badges out there. Makes the good ones look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by IanTPoulter
    I would surely get banned if I stated what I feel should happen to this Deputy.
    not just the deputy, they all had a part in it as far as I am concerned. you could see the woman on the other side of glass had clearly seen that he was on the floor and what was taking place, and yet did not bat an eye to it. this just tells me that it is common practice to handle disabled ppl in this manner in that county. and by the way, after reviewing the tape that they had and yet come up with the reply they did..we were not aware of this incedent... they have it on tape! they were laughing about it, and yet the come back is this....

I am with you I can't say anything else that would be polite.

This wins prizes, I particularly liked this.....

"The Hillsborough Sheriff's Office didn't know anything about the incident until we showed them their own tape. Now an investigation is underway."

Duh!

I hope all the deputies involved will be fired and charged with assault. They shouldn't even be Wally World security guards.
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

I might expect that from poorly educated, poorly trained and paid correctional officers but not from a police officer.

They should be fired, charged and jailed. Oh yeah.... former jerkoff cop in general population - Can you say "Payback" boys and girls?