Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gluten Intolerence

OK - update. Here's what "appears" to be working.

Increased fiber to 40 grams per day.

I buy these "Raw organic food bars, Fiber Chocolate Delite"

AWESOME! 200 calories, 14 grams of fiber per bar - Certified raw and organic.

Curcumin - helps reduce inflammation in the gut

Saccharomyces boulardii - probiotic

Oil of Wild Oregano at least 70% Carvarol - mutiple benefits

I don't know what does what, but thank God, the mixture seems to be working!
    And the truth shall set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    I'm in a similar boat, Joe.

Read this book: The Primal Blueprint, by Mark Sisson

On Amazon: http://t.co/5NtlJ0h
    Agreed, Scott

Woodland, CA, USA Old male, T12 incomplete TM 2004
    I would recommend the "Gluten-Free Grocery Shopping Guide" by Matison & Matison. The book identifies normal food you can buy at normal prices that are gluten-free.

I do not recommend "The Essential Gluten-Free Restaurant Guide". You can do better by emailing major chain restaurants (where you live/vactaion/etc) and ask if they have a gluten-free menu, or gluten-free selections.

Organic does not equal gluten-free.

Oats have no gluten BUT are often contaminated by being grown near wheat or processed in the same building as wheat. Check the labels.

The best bread I have found is Udi's Whole Grain Bread. Better as toast. Most of the other breads have a texture like cake (but don't taste like cake - just fall apart like cake).

Cerials? Even if they are rice, they still may not be gluten-free. Check the label for contamination by being processed in the same building as wheat. General Mills has a lot of "Chex" gluten-free cerials. I like the "Chocolate Chex".

Check the internet. You can get an idea of what is available by checking GFMall.com and GF.com. Your local grocery may have a selection of gluten-free food. BelAire has a good selection in my town.

Don't forget contamination in your own home. E.g., you should use a separate margarine/butter container; a knife that has touched wheat should not touch your container.

You will find it is fairly easy to go gluten-free in your home. Traveling and eating at restaurants is quite difficult.
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

I'm a celiac - didn't realize there were others here! We always joke in our house that one of us can't walk (Chad), one of us can't hear (small boy was born deaf in one ear) and one of us can't eat (me). The book scott mentioned looks good, but note that it doesn't appear to be only about people who have to be 100% gluten free.