Thread: travel comode / shower chair

travel comode / shower chair

I need a compact, preferably a wheeled PVC type pack away -w- case. I do my own bowel program, and need it built accordingly. If it has a slide option where I could use a standard tub / shower like most motel / hotels have great. Thanks in advance for your help! Dave
    Dave E. C6-7 Incomp. Quad 9-06

"NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF YOUR DREAMS!"
    "THERE IS NOTHING BETTER FOR THE INSIDE OF A MAN / WOMAN THAN THE OUTSIDE OF A HORSE"

I would avoid the PVC type of chair for travel. They are very bulky, and even heavier than a good quality aluminum. If you can afford it, the www.Nuprodx.com chairs are definitely the leaders in good design, light weight and folding up into a compact package that is easy to use for air travel, cruises, hotels or visiting friends and family.

(KLD)

I got a activaid tubby 2 a while back and its working out good, it is well built, folds up and has an optional travel case available.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E
    I need a compact, preferably a wheeled PVC type pack away -w- case. I do my own bowel program, and need it built accordingly. If it has a slide option where I could use a standard tub / shower like most motel / hotels have great. Thanks in advance for your help! Dave
    nuprodx 5100 would be your best bet, IMO. they travel so well, as SCI-Nurse noted. a little pricey...but i don't recall paying retail for mine. never hurts to ask...worst they can say is NO

the cushion is what sold me on it, ultimately. super comfy for a shower/toilet chair.

they have one model that can reach from most toilets to most tubs, hotel style bathroom - so one transfer, slide on over for BP, then slide over for shower.

very nice!

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

If the wheels aren't as important to you as the compactness of the chair, then this bath one chair is super portable. The legs attach to the underside of the seat and the backrest snaps underneath it as well. See pictures here:

http://www.easychoicemedical.com/bat...air-72000.html

Quote Originally Posted by bay51
    If the wheels aren't as important to you as the compactness of the chair, then this bath one chair is super portable. The legs attach to the underside of the seat and the backrest snaps underneath it as well. See pictures here:

http://www.easychoicemedical.com/bat...air-72000.html
    This looks like a great chair for travel, the only problem I see is that the seats not padded but I'm sure that could be modified. Thanks for the link, I might buy it and play around with it to see if it would work for me.

nuprodx absolute best