Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52

Thread: Kevin Everett is missing opportunities 2shed light on SCI community&tell it as it is

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S
    I've never begged a person to help me in my life. I've appreciated all the help I have received in life but never would beg or demand it from anyone...
    Eric
    If you read the post #1 of this thread you will see that nobody is begging Kevin.
    The point of this thread was to point out that Kevin may not have an obligation to help anyone, but he has an obligation to at least tell the truth instead of saying "I guess I was a lucky guy" or "I have been so blessed" or "God has done a miracle for me"
    Kevin Everett needs to stop with these nonsense and start showing some gratitude towards the science.
    The fact is, without the scientific data his doctor Andy Cappuccino would have never known how to and what to do, as he did by applying steroids and cooling saline in order to preserve the remaining axons.
    I'm sure he did not read that data from the Bible or Koran........
    Besides the scientists, the next one who deserves the most credit is Dr. Andy Cappuccino who took a huge risk by applying a non-FDA approved procedure on Kevin. Had Kevin Everett gotten worse instead of better, Andy Cappuccino not only would have lost his carrier, family and everything he owns, but he would have gone to jail as well.
    So, Kevin should tell it as it is, that's all is being asked from him.
    Vito.

  2. #32
    Eric, your points are valid and well taken.
    Spottswood

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by vito
    Eric
    If you read the post #1 of this thread you will see that nobody is begging Kevin.
    The point of this thread was to point out that Kevin may not have an obligation to help anyone, but he has an obligation to at least tell the truth instead of saying "I guess I was a lucky guy" or "I have been so blessed" or "God has done a miracle for me"
    Kevin Everett needs to stop with these nonsense and start showing some gratitude towards the science.
    The fact is, without the scientific data his doctor Andy Cappuccino would have never known how to and what to do, as he did by applying steroids and cooling saline in order to preserve the remaining axons.
    I'm sure he did not read that data from the Bible or Koran........
    Besides the scientists, the next one who deserves the most credit is Dr. Andy Cappuccino who took a huge risk by applying a non-FDA approved procedure on Kevin. Had Kevin Everett gotten worse instead of better, Andy Cappuccino not only would have lost his carrier, family and everything he owns, but he would have gone to jail as well.
    So, Kevin should tell it as it is, that's all is being asked from him.
    Vito.
    We don't really know if he understands or cares about what really happened to him. Everyone is not as involved as the members of curecare, especially now that he seems to have recovered. Sci will probably become an after thought to him. in my opinion ya'lls expectations are not in line with reality. I'd bet as far as he and his family knows and cares he's "blessed" and a "lucky guy"... I think christopher Reeves has spoiled the sci community.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by vito
    The point of this thread was to point out that Kevin may not have an obligation to help anyone, but he has an obligation to at least tell the truth instead of saying "I guess I was a lucky guy" or "I have been so blessed" or "God has done a miracle for me" Kevin Everett needs to stop with these nonsense and start showing some gratitude towards the science.
    I applaud this man for recognizing that he was lucky. He was. The gods roll the dice on whether any particular SCI is going to cause long lasting damage. Some people get the best treatment available and still end up gimps and some people make do with the bare minimum and end up jogging off into the sunset. Luck plays a huge part and anyone who doesn't admit that is the one spouting "nonsense".

    The fact is, without the scientific data his doctor Andy Cappuccino would have never known how to and what to do, as he did by applying steroids and cooling saline in order to preserve the remaining axons.
    Are you aware of Everett's condition before they applied any treatment?

    Besides the scientists, the next one who deserves the most credit is Dr. Andy Cappuccino who took a huge risk by applying a non-FDA approved procedure on Kevin. Had Kevin Everett gotten worse instead of better, Andy Cappuccino not only would have lost his carrier, family and everything he owns, but he would have gone to jail as well.
    That's quite the conclusion you've leaped to there.

    C.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S
    I think christopher Reeves has spoiled the sci community.
    Actually, Reeve annoyed the crap out of me for quite some time after his accident. Being brand new to this and yet allowing himself to be presented as the mouthpiece for all people with disabilities seemed arrogant and selfish to me and I didn't agree with hardly anything he said for the first couple of years. And I'm not the only person I know who felt that way.

    C.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    Actually, Reeve annoyed the crap out of me for quite some time after his accident. Being brand new to this and yet allowing himself to be presented as the mouthpiece for all people with disabilities seemed arrogant and selfish to me and I didn't agree with hardly anything he said for the first couple of years. And I'm not the only person I know who felt that way.

    C.

    So basically what your saying is that with the sci community you can't win? Kind of what I thought anyway. lets say kevin everett decided to become a mouth piece people probably would have a problem with that...

  7. #37
    He def can't win. He won't please everyone; as a public figure he probably knows that. He needs to follow his gut. CR couldn't win either. There was no way for him to speak about what he believed passionately without being seen as the mouthpiece for us all. Should he have prefaced every comment with a disclaimer?

    Note: The following is the opinion of the speaker alone. It is not necessarily the opinion of the producers, network, or any schlub in a wheelchair the viewer may encounter at Walmart.

    At least I agreed with CR. I really hate when Charles Krauthammer is held up as a spokesman for me, when he is actually a spokesman for the unborn. Or even John Hockenberry, whom I admire a great deal but disagree with on some very key issues.

    It's the price of being a public figure. The notoriety gets your message out but that message will anger someone, always. Celebrity is a double-edged sword.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Imight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    6,535
    the title is so funny.

    he's not missing anything. he walks 200 yards unassisted without a limp. he was sci for like a month, if that. the month was probably rest from the surgery. lol.

  9. #39
    Senior Member DA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    beaumont tx usa
    Posts
    32,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S
    So basically what your saying is that with the sci community you can't win? Kind of what I thought anyway. lets say kevin everett decided to become a mouth piece people probably would have a problem with that...
    no way, we dont need kevin as our mouth piece. all we need kevin to say is, " i made it, i lived, i recovered enought to function near normal, but there is 400,000 that did not recover, 400,000 who doctors prescribed a wheelchair as their cure, 400,000 that continue to suffer without public support."

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by DA
    no way, we dont need kevin as our mouth piece. all we need kevin to say is, " i made it, i lived, i recovered enought to function near normal, but there is 400,000 that did not recover, 400,000 who doctors prescribed a wheelchair as their cure, 400,000 that continue to suffer without public support."
    We dont even know he understands that fact. He may believe we all get the same treatment he does. It would have been better had his doctor made that statement as someone we know has the knowledge and back ground to understand the situation of sci.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2002, 12:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •