Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What an idiot, he just lost his best client.

$8 - $10/hr. is pretty cheap
    Spottswood

How I wish that I was able to find a carer/ maid for $8-10 per hour!
    In Australia a carer (whom will not do any house cleaning) is from $ 34 /hr onwards & a maid for light house cleaning starts from & 45 through an agency.

Agency costs are pretty bad, but they sound a bit better here, mine is $43 per hour for an RN/LPN. Paying that much for an aide would be outrageous, at least in my thinking.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman
    Agency costs are pretty bad, but they sound a bit better here, mine is $43 per hour for an RN/LPN. Paying that much for an aide would be outrageous, at least in my thinking.
    That's because they can make that much working in a facility, so sadly it affects people who need them at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Imight
    Had my car not been destroyed in the accident, I would be driving my baby right now.*sigh* so now I have to buy another car, and I dont want to buy just ANY car. I want to buy something I like. Im thinking a 330ci BMW.
    So you won't buy a car until you can have a BMW? That seems short sighted if you can't afford one. If you can afford one, then get one. Or get a vehicle to use in the meantime while you shop for your perfect car. Limiting your independence and ranting about needing to rely on others just because you can't have the perfect luxury car sounds utterly illogical to me.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman
    This is why we live 80% of our time in Thailand.
    An RN in Australia is $ 57 /hr .

Quote Originally Posted by Imight
    The agency pays you $8 an hour, and you have to deal with people that are by far less independent than I am.
    Amen. Why anyone would "deal" with those dependent people is beyond me.

$8 - $10/hr. is very cheap. Especially in Los Angeles. I have to pay $15 an hour for driving me around type of chores. You might try treating them with respect and actually being friends with your help. My help actually cares if I make it to my appointments on time.

I wrote an explanation. but why bother, so I've decided not to respond. I'll let the assumptions be my answers.