Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Polaris Ranger RZR

2008 Polaris Ranger RZR

Got this toy about 2 months ago and finally have a windshield and cab. Took a nice ride today on some backroads for about 10 miles. Gets from 0-40 in about 4 seconds, probably a bit faster. Cruises nice at 50 and tacs out at around 57-58. She feels like a car on the road and I haven't been able to get it stuck yet. The seat height it only a couple inches higher than my chair seat so transfers are fairly easy. If anyone is in the market for a UTV I highly recommend this one. Here is a pic of it and the hand controls.

No human society, present or past, has lacked music. Music is therefore one of the very few human universals, which puts it on the same level as food and sex.
    Fredric Lieberman

looks like a LOT of fun how easy is it to toss your chair in the little bed there? do you use bungee cords or ratchet straps to keep it from bouncing out when you're out off-roading? Can't wait to see more pics as you're out adventuring in it Tres Cool!
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

I was looking at these yesterday. I think a strong quad could even drive it. Very nice unit you have there.

I just leave my chair at home right now, I don't want to risk damaging it until my new chair arrives. Someone told my parents that they had seen a lift that mounts in the bed for a chair. That's probably what I'll look into because with the cab on there's no way to reach the bed. I guess I'll just have a chair on standby like now because some of those rides are really wet and muddy. Plus if I am riding alone someone is either home or not too far away and I keep my cell with me. So for now I transfer in and ride then come home and hop out.
    No human society, present or past, has lacked music. Music is therefore one of the very few human universals, which puts it on the same level as food and sex.
    Fredric Lieberman

Thanks Dave, I got a monopod shooting stick and sighted in my .308 sitting in it the last day of rifle season here lol. But everything is set for next year to hopefully get some of those beautiful horns in your avatar. But until then on my ride yesterday my cousin and I went to one of our favorite crawfishing spots and decided it's going to be nice to drive up to the bridge railing to pull up nets and fill the ice chest in back. And there are some friends that ride on a fairly regular basis and I have an open invite. June 7th I'm headed to the annual Marengo Swamp Ride. It's a 13 mile muddy trail with lovely little attractions such as the "suicide hole". There is a preregistration and entry fee benefittig the Wish I Could of NELA(Northeast Louisiana) Foundation that grants wishes to termanill ill children in the area. http://www.wishicouldnela.org/
    Fredric Lieberman

Nice rig. I've been using my Polaris 250 2X4 to go fishing for about 16 years.
    It's been a very dependable ride. I always leave my chair at home.

Mine sits up too high for a direct transfer, so I had a small ramp built that stays beside the driveway. I drive over to the lake (just over a mile from home) and fish right from the bank. The only modifications I've had to do, was add a backrest and a beer cooler on the front fender.

I've been stuck/stranded a few times, but cell phones and neighbors with 4X4 trucks have always bailed me out.

Tons of fun!!

Joe

I looked at one of them, but the thing that turned me away was the bed is so small. No way you could put a rigid chair in the box. Heck it barely looked big enough to put a 48 can cooler back there. But it sure looked easy to transfer into.

I think it is more of a play toy than utility type. I know I'm going to go with a Rhino or the new Kawasaki just because they have a bigger box. That way I can put my chair in the back and take it with me where ever I want to go.
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

right on... looks fun.

how far can you go on a tank of gas?

boy looks almost street legal do you think that would be to far fetched?

I'm not sure how far you could get on a full tank (7.5 gallons) but I'd be willing to bet with conservative driving on roads or trails at least 50 miles. I filled it up before the last trip which was around 10 miles total and it didn't register a dent on the fuel meter when I got home. As for being street legal the only thing I can think of that it lacks is turn signals. There are mirrors along with everything else available in the Polaris catalog and from aftermarket places.
    Fredric Lieberman