Thread: Toyota F1 Series design

Toyota F1 Series design

http://www.pbs.org/pov/pov2004/freed...versal_02.html

Toyota is ahead of the game

TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF MY MOJO

I see a couple of things wrong with it. First, where is the stering wheel? Second, how do you get your chair in there? Looks like the seat blocks the space where you'd need to throw your chair in.

Edit: Oh, I see, it's only for the passenger side. That sucks.
    _____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Hmmm, thats kind of like that GM seat thing they have in their vans.

Jim, what's wrong with only the passenger side? Dont you know that those cripples can barely make it out of the house? Drive themselves?!?!?! Ya gotta be kidding.

I would love to see some sort of factory set up like that for some larger, harder to transfer into vehicles, but for the drivers seat. Since they like putting them into minivans, that would work splendedly, as most of them have driver side sliding doors, nice opening to throw the chair into. Even better would be the same deal with say a 4x4 truck from the factory, the possiblities would be really cool if a major manufacturer would get involved.

Toyota is ahead of the game
    I had swivel seats in my 1974 Chevelle Malibu, both driver and passenger sides. It made getting the chair in and out a piece of cake. The only difference was then it was not being touted as a universal design. It's too bad GM didn't pay attention to what they had and do something, then, like Toyota is doing today.

T 6/7 Complete
    Injured 4/20/74

Originally posted by Spadfan:

The only difference was then it was not being touted as a universal design.
    Right-
    Its all in the marketing strategy.

TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF MY MOJO