Thread: Reality Check

Reality Check

Okay, so there's nothing odd about having cold bitter greens and champagne for breakfast, is there?
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

The think the rule is...

It's ok for anyone who lives in the Keys; but for the rest of us, it's a little weird.

Did you blend them up and make a smoothie?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulScream
    Did you blend them up and make a smoothie?
    Of course not! Don't be crass.
    Foolish

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by ala
    The think the rule is...

It's ok for anyone who lives in the Keys; but for the rest of us, it's a little weird.
    Amazing, the difference in cultural mores between the Keys and the mainland.
    Foolish

Last night's champagne or just popped? This is important. Flat champagne and greens would be wrong. I believe everything goes with good champagne.... as long as you're using the proper glass (for the champagne) and the appropriate fork (for the greens). It's all in the decorum you Old Fool
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJen
    Last night's champagne or just popped? This is important. Flat champagne and greens would be wrong. I believe everything goes with good champagne.... as long as you're using the proper glass (for the champagne) and the appropriate fork (for the greens). It's all in the decorum you Old Fool
    Who drinks used champagne? I eat everything with a full scale fork, but a clean one at each appropriate course change (salad, entree, desert). I wasn't aware that champagne could be poured into anything other than a glass flute or an elegant woman's slipper. The latter vessel is just not appropriate for a mid-morning breakfast, especially one partaken solo.
    Foolish

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old
    Who drinks used champagne? I eat everything with a full scale fork, but a clean one at each appropriate course change (salad, entree, desert). I wasn't aware that champagne could be poured into anything other than a glass flute or an elegant woman's slipper. The latter vessel is just not appropriate for a mid-morning breakfast, especially one partaken solo.
    Thank goodness! I was very briefly concerned. But you have me convinced.

A less mature individual might be slurping last night's bubbly from the bottle with a straw and eating the greens with their fingers straight outta the frig with the door standing open.

You, sir, are officially deemed as "having class." From this moment forward anything you do that falls outside of current social mores shall be deemed as "trend setting." Have at it.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.