Thread: Fear of entry from the rear

Angry Fear of entry from the rear

I went to the GI doctor yesterday because I just turned 51 and my GP doctor thought it would be to get checked out., Because I'm a dwarf often when I go to new doctor he/she wants to treat my dwarfism and not the actual thing I was went in for. So I have good news the doctors bedside manor is great and he asked me many questions and we cover my sleep apnea. My concern is he wants to put me out for this. In a way it might be good, but I'm still concerned.

The thing I hate the most tho is the prep the day before. I have to take 4 pills and then drink a big jug of this stuff. Since have to use a commode, I guess I''ll be on it a day and night and I'll be more of a burden on my wife who is my primary caregiver too. I guess better safe then sorry. Apparently 5 years ago the test I had was a sigmocospy (SP) not an colonoscopy because in that I wasn't put out.

On another note can someone please explain why when a person has a syrnix in the C2 C5 areathat the neuropathic pain is so terrible. Most of the time my
    arms feel as if their on fire and the pain in my gut feels as if someone is twisting my intestines inside out.

I am not clear about your question. You could have a colonoscopy without anesethesia, but it is painful and unpleasant. It is done with conscious sedation, so you are not fully asleep, but the drug they use (Versed) causes you to have no memory of the event, which is probably for the best.

You could ask if you could have a 23 hour hospital stay for this, letting you do the prep in the hospital with nurses to help you. We do this where I work for our SCI patients. It is at least worth asking to see if your insurance would approve it.

Is your SCI due to trauma or due to primary syringomyelia? If you have a post-traumatic syrinx, have you had it treated? I don't think anyone knows why a syrinx is associated with neuropathic pain, which can be a symptom of a syrinx, but it common, regardless of the level. What medications are you taking for the neuropathic pain?

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 01-30-2008 at 03:39 AM.

MrPockets, believe me, you want to get knocked out for this especially if you have neuropathic pain. The procedure is not comfortable. What they have to do is pump some air in to see. The air causes cramps. Unless you are want to know what that feels like, I suggest doing it the easy way. It will be just like going to sleep and waking up a little bit gassy.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpockets
    I went to the GI doctor yesterday because I just turned 51 and my GP doctor thought it would be to get checked out., Because I'm a dwarf often when I go to new doctor he/she wants to treat my dwarfism and not the actual thing I was went in for. So I have good news the doctors bedside manor is great and he asked me many questions and we cover my sleep apnea. My concern is he wants to put me out for this. In a way it might be good, but I'm still concerned.

The thing I hate the most tho is the prep the day before. I have to take 4 pills and then drink a big jug of this stuff. Since have to use a commode, I guess I''ll be on it a day and night and I'll be more of a burden on my wife who is my primary caregiver too. I guess better safe then sorry. Apparently 5 years ago the test I had was a sigmocospy (SP) not an colonoscopy because in that I wasn't put out.

On another note can someone please explain why when a person has a syrnix in the C2 C5 areathat the neuropathic pain is so terrible. Most of the time my
    arms feel as if their on fire and the pain in my gut feels as if someone is twisting my intestines inside out.

I agree -w- nurse & Dr. Young. I had this done and I went in 2 days prior for the "clean out" There was no way I could sit on my comode chair all day. I had the ICU nurses take care of it and my wife still loves me!
    Dave E. C6-7 Incomp. Quad 9-06

"NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF YOUR DREAMS!"
    "THERE IS NOTHING BETTER FOR THE INSIDE OF A MAN / WOMAN THAN THE OUTSIDE OF A HORSE"

Man, if I'd known that staying at the hospital prior was an option, that's what I would have done. Other than that, I slept through mine.