Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C Diff

C Diff

I know that Vanco is more successful treating C Diff but my Doc won't put me on that for fear of becoming resistant to something else.

My question: What is the normal course of Flagyl for treatment of C Diff.

Oh and I just bought Kanana Banana Flakes.

200 packets for $100. What a racket.

Anyway, it is supposed to be good in the way of relieving diahrea. (sp)

Never forget the BRAT diet...bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. It's what my son's pediatrician recommended back in the day. If you have the scours anyway, Gatorade will help replace electrolytes and potatoes have potassium.

Best of all, you're on the right path, cure the problem and forget the symptoms! Good luck.

Ugh, flagyl! Makes me yak. I recall bid for 7 days. I've also received it by IV for 3 days successfully as tx for cDiff. Hope you're better soon.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJen
    Ugh, flagyl! Makes me yak. I recall bid for 7 days. I've also received it by IV for 3 days successfully as tx for cDiff. Hope you're better soon.
    Thanks Jen, "tx" is treatment? You mean the 3 days IV had you right?

Guess those five waffles with maple syrup right after taking an immodium and pepto wasn't a good idea huh?

Oh well, I'll pay.

Sorry Joe, I forget about the medical abbreviations... here it is in english. When I've taken it orally it was twice a day for 7 days. When I have had it by IV, the treatment lasted 3 days. I think the IV treatment was also given twice a day.

Don't drink with Flagyl not even a little.

Oh, and if you do have cDiff, watch carefully for skin breakdown on your backside. I kept a protective coat of baza paste on my a$$ until the party was over. Remember to stay hydrated. I've had it more than once and it's miserable.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

I don't think I have it full on. I am only having like one accident or so a day.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz
    I don't think I have it full on. I am only having like one accident or so a day.
    One waterfall or just a loose accident? Have you been cultured for C Diff? I've been there several times. I remember Flagyl once a day for 10 days. And to restate--don't drink any alcohol including cough medicines until you finish the entire course plus 2 to 3 days.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I had C Diff way bad about 10 years ago after taking 2 different antibiotics back to back. I had to take Flagyl for a month I think. It was not a fun drug to take.

At the time I was also told to get some l. acidophilus. It's a so-called probiotic or good bacteria that is beneficial for the digestive tract. Found in most yogurts or it can also be had in higer doses in pill form (refridgerated pill form has higher concentrations, I'm told)

Good luck