Thread: Brain Mri; Gre Trauma Ax, Question

Brain Mri; Gre Trauma Ax, Question

Hi, I don't really know where to post this and am hoping someone could explain this. My son had brain mri, no results yet. One of the set of images has a title; gre trauma ax. I looked up gre and am assuming ax means axial, but what about the trauma part? Any clue would be appreciated.I was thinking it could be the protocol for mri, but wondering why the other test did not also say trauma. Is this possibly indication of trauma? Or simply protocol. This is the order of mri of brain on disc. Thank-you! Diana
    mr ax stir
    t1 ax
    flair cor
    t1 cor post
    sag t1
    gre trauma ax
    t1 ax post
    t2 ax
    post t1 fs cor thin
    cor stir
    post t1 fs ax thin
    Thank-you,
    Diana
    Last edited by uuudianauuu; 01-29-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Brain mri results/ Looks like its sinus related

The brain looked good!!!
    The only problem was he has a moderate paranasal sinus mucosal thickening most pronounced in the left maxillary compartment.
    I have been reading about this and it does sound like it very well could be why he has double vision.
    We go back to Neuro-Optho in two weeks. I went ahead and scheduled an appointment with ENT for tuesday.
    Question; This is most likely just a coincidence he has this problem. But I am wondering ( as usual...) Since my son came home from hospital he has been constantly clearing his throat. Did something else brake that I am not aware of?
    Thank-you,
    Diana

Quote Originally Posted by uuudianauuu
    The brain looked good!!!
    The only problem was he has a moderate paranasal sinus mucosal thickening most pronounced in the left maxillary compartment.
    I have been reading about this and it does sound like it very well could be why he has double vision.
    We go back to Neuro-Optho in two weeks. I went ahead and scheduled an appointment with ENT for tuesday.
    Question; This is most likely just a coincidence he has this problem. But I am wondering ( as usual...) Since my son came home from hospital he has been constantly clearing his throat. Did something else brake that I am not aware of?
    Thank-you,
    Diana
    Ask the ENT? Hospitals are dry. If he was intubated; had an endoscopy or could be that "paranasal sinus mucosal thickening" that has him clearing his throat. I'm afraid you're past my expertise. How dry is your house and have you checked the side effects of any meds? Klonopin can cause this or coughing/choking episodes.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.