Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non serious uses of Cell Phones

Non serious uses of Cell Phones

In another thread, use of a cell phone to call the police was mentioned.

I got to thinking ..... we use cell phones for a lot of less important things as well. What is the least important thing you have done with your cell phone lately?

I called inside the pharmacy from the parking lot the other day, asking them if they would deliver my prescription to my car, saving me the effort of going in. (Yup .... they did. I love my pharmacy!)
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423
    What is the least important thing you have done with your cell phone lately?
    Used it as a paperweight.

text messaging...i do so a lot...today was just to comiserate boredom with a friend...lol

oh yeah, and I call my sister in the mornings during the week to make sure she's awake...easier than getting out of my cozy warm bed and going across the apartment...lol
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423
    I called inside the pharmacy from the parking lot the other day, asking them if they would deliver my prescription to my car, saving me the effort of going in. (Yup .... they did. I love my pharmacy!)
    I do that quite a bit for take out food and getting my gas pumped. Most places now recognize my van so many times I don't even have to call, they just come right out. Great for saving on minutes when you're a regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing
    oh yeah, and I call my sister in the mornings during the week to make sure she's awake...easier than getting out of my cozy warm bed and going across the apartment...lol
    Ha Ha .... just remembered I called my husband in the living room the other night. He was asleep in his chair (I could hear him snoring) and I knew he would wake up stiff later. But no way was I transferring to my chair and going out to wake him. So I called his cell.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by ala
    Used it as a paperweight.
    hahahaha

I have a Razor 3 and I'll use it as a flashlight moving about the house at night - habit from the days a sleeping dog could ruin an otherwise 'open range' route. (for both the dog and the tripped human)

Other than that - text messaging a HIGH FIVE to a friend in Italy during the World Cup 'soccer' games. Stupid as that sounds it's also really cool you can do that with distant friends.

Sometimes it's also my alarm clock

Quote Originally Posted by Beth29
    hahahaha

I have a Razor 3 and I'll use it as a flashlight moving about the house at night - habit from the days a sleeping dog could ruin an otherwise 'open range' route. (for both the dog and the tripped human)

Other than that - text messaging a HIGH FIVE to a friend in Italy during the World Cup 'soccer' games. Stupid as that sounds it's also really cool you can do that with distant friends.

Sometimes it's also my alarm clock
    ahh, YES! the flashlight...Mine's an LG Chocolate...it's oft my flashlight on hand, especially in the truck(yeah, I know the truck has dome lights, but when you're driving down the road they'r distracting)...

Mine is ALWAYS my alarm clock...That's not a "non-serious" use to me...I rely on it daily...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

Guilty of all of the above. I use my phone as a flash light when I lock up at night. I've called my housemate from my bedroom to turn down his tv or to bring me a martini. I've called into businesses for help. I am NEVER without my cellphone except in the shower. even then, Pearl is trained to bring it if I ask her. She also brings it if it rings. LOL
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Thought I was the only one to use it as a flashlight. Called my daughter the other day to see if she'd bring me a towel. No I don't shower with my phone but it was in my pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJen
    I am NEVER without my cellphone except in the shower. even then, Pearl is trained to bring it if I ask her. She also brings it if it rings. LOL
    Ditto...well, mine is within reach, even when in the shower...and I HAVE answered it in the shower...Some calls just CAN'T wait...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03