Thread: TiLite's New Flip Up Rear Anti-Tipper (and yes, it is available on the ZR)

TiLite's New Flip Up Rear Anti-Tipper (and yes, it is available on the ZR)

For some users, the deciding factor in choosing a TiLite ZRa instead of the ZR was that the latter was not available with rear anti-tippers. While verifying specs for an Aero Z this afternoon, I noticed the new "User Friendly Rear Flip-Up" option in the Anti-Tips section. It was also on the new ZR/ZRa order form and there was no footnote excluding it on a ZR.

I checked the online parts manual (updated 1/15). In the "Accessories" section, I found parts diagrams for a new flip up design which is available on nearly every TiLite with an adjustable center of gravity. Here are the diagrams for the ZR and ZRa/AeroZ...

There is also an aluminum scissor lock in the parts manual which I believe is new. It is not on the current order forms, but I remember hearing at Medtrade that they were considering replacing the composite scissor lock.

Nice...good news for those that wanted a ZR with anti tips.
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    For some users, the deciding factor in choosing a TiLite ZRa instead of the ZR was that the latter was not available with rear anti-tippers. While verifying specs for an Aero Z this afternoon, I noticed the new "User Friendly Rear Flip-Up" option in the Anti-Tips section. It was also on the new ZR/ZRa order form and there was no footnote excluding it on a ZR.

I checked the online parts manual (updated 1/15). In the "Accessories" section, I found parts diagrams for a new flip up design which is available on nearly every TiLite with an adjustable center of gravity. Here are the diagrams for the ZR and ZRa/AeroZ...

There is also an aluminum scissor lock in the parts manual which I believe is new. It is not on the current order forms, but I remember hearing at Medtrade that they were considering replacing the composite scissor lock.
    I Just ordered the older ones for my ZRA. are those removable or welded on? (Should I get the User-friendly ones instead? I still have a CAD drawing on the way so I can make changes.) I ask because I know on some chairs they are welded on and I've not used a Tilite wheelchair before.)
    Last edited by sam10685; 07-29-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by sam10685 View Post
    I Just ordered the older ones for my ZRA. are those removable or welded on? (Should I get the User-friendly ones instead? I still have a CAD drawing on the way so I can make changes.) I ask because I know on some chairs they are welded on and I've not used a Tilite wheelchair before.)

Looks like they bolt on the inside of the camber tube bracket.