Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: picture on handicap tag

picture on handicap tag

OK. I need to know opinions on this. I am totally against it. First of all, I would not want my picture plastered on that tag. Secondly, I feel like if that gets passed, it would be a HIPPA violation. NO ONE needs to know I have some difficulties. Lastly, I feel this would cause more crime. Some crazy ass would be lingering in a parking lot, knowing exactly what some unfortunate person looks like and KNOW that they have some disability and would be easy prey.

No, I may sound crazy to you all, but if you knew what all I went through... not crazy at all.

so what do you all think?

Don't they already have those out?
    T-5 incomplete

I personally think that it would be a good thing and have thought so for a long time. The photo does not have to be facing outward but instead in towards the vehicle. The picture could be quite small with the name in very fine print. Since it really couldn't be viewed from the outside, it wouldn't help much at i.e. shopping centers, grocery stores etc. unless a cop asked to specifically see it. It would most definitely help at functions where there is paid parking and the attendant could ask to see it. The reason why disabled persons with hidden disabilities get a bad rap is because to many ab's abuse family members placards. I use a power chair full time and know many with hidden disabilities who justifiably need the placard, but the ab's who use them should be accountable for the abuse and the photois the way to go. jmho and .02 cents.

In Norway we have tags like cara m describes. It doesn't bother me. Both picture and name on back side.
    TH 12, 43 years post

cover your pic up with a piece of paper unless the right person wants to see it. Sure would make it easier to ticket abusers.

Addisue,

That's a great suggestion! If it gets passed, I'll be sure to do that. Kind of like those work tags.. yup, I cover my name.. usually my pic comes out ok

THANKS for the replies!
    bbs

If anyone cannot look at 99.9% of us and tell we are disabled, chances are the person is blind. Literally.

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue
    cover your pic up with a piece of paper unless the right person wants to see it. Sure would make it easier to ticket abusers.
    Excellent suggestion.. I love the pic idea BUT it's only good if these donut-eating f*cks would get their lazy ass to the parking lots and check, right? Oops, I've said too much.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose
    If anyone cannot look at 99.9% of us and tell we are disabled, chances are the person is blind. Literally.
    US yes...but as someone else mentioned that does not pertain to those with legitimate invisible disabilities who also have a right to h/c parking...This is where the problem lies with parking not being enforced...I never thought about a pic on the placard...that's all fine and good for people who USE placards(it can be taken down), but how would it apply to those who use permanant plates? I sure as h*ll don't want my pic on my license plate...I don't want to drive all over creation with a pic of me on the outside of my vehicle...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing
    but how would it apply to those who use permanant plates?
    Easy, have it in addition to. I keep my placard visible on my dash AND have a permanent plate. I have to park different sometimes at some of the events I go to be able to lower my ramp. I like to put my placard up too in case security only walks by the front they'll see my placard and hopefully a 'lil bulb will go off as to why I parked outside the lines..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia