Thread: skydiver breaks neck mid-air

skydiver breaks neck mid-air

holy crap... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7c4r3N5KqU

My accident 4/23/03. In this video I am the instructor. The camera is on the left side of my head. The points of contact were the top of my head and his ribs. I heard my neck break and, I was paralyzed instantly. The legs you see flopping around are mine. My emergency parachute opened around 700'. I was fully concious until hitting the ground.

more of his YouTube stuff here: http://www.youtube.com/llewlocsirhc

That is totally FREAKY! makes ya wonder if jumping out of a perfectly good airplane is such a good idea....HMMMM...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

From the description it sounds like it was a mid-air collision... but yes, freaky indeed.

I'm still jumping (or being pushed out of) a plane someday.

Oh my gawd that was frightening. How many additional injuries (musccle, tendon over-extension, scrapes, broken bones other than the neck) were obtained?

Just the sound was enough to scare the heck outta me!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

That is one of the scariest videos I have ever seen! Good thing for the backup parachute. I'm also interested on what other injuries he sustained
    Frankly, I'm tired of sitting in this damn electric chair.

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett
    From the description it sounds like it was a mid-air collision... but yes, freaky indeed.

I'm still jumping (or being pushed out of) a plane someday.
    Def freaky...mid air collision seems even freakier...

don't get me wrong, it's not changing my desire to do so either...sooner than later...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

I saw a video that showed two professional military parachutists doing a "cross-over stunt" in mid air and they accidentally hit each other. The one man died and the other lost both of his legs. It was a tragic event.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria