Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Has No Boundaries: Website

Thumbs up Fishing Has No Boundaries: Website

Came across this site today, check it out:

http://www.fhnbinc.org/adap_%20gear.htm

Thanks for the URL MG.

Great site, lots of useful information..............

.........here is the British disabled anglers website, again lots of useful info..........

http://www.bdaa.co.uk/

thanks for posting this thread, I have been fishing all my life and since my fall I have found it real difficult to fish any more I do get out and do it, but it tears me up and I regret going for several day's later, this is the fault of my boat, need to get a pontoon. there was several rod grips shown that would help greatly. I have been trying to get back in to fly fishing again but have trouble holding the rod while casting (have dropped regular poles in the water several times) due to my lack of grip. I have been told to try a Velcro strap and a bowlers brace for the wrist to help with this problem thought that I would try that this spring. there are lots of ways to set things up for your fishing needs. I have modified my boat in several ways to make it disabled friendly. I need to learn not to do the overnighters by myself, I know it is dangerous but it seems to be my only time I get to be by my self and totally independent.

Quote Originally Posted by darrel
    thanks for posting this thread, I have been fishing all my life and since my fall I have found it real difficult to fish any more I do get out and do it, but it tears me up and I regret going for several day's later, this is the fault of my boat, need to get a pontoon. there was several rod grips shown that would help greatly. I have been trying to get back in to fly fishing again but have trouble holding the rod while casting (have dropped regular poles in the water several times) due to my lack of grip. I have been told to try a Velcro strap and a bowlers brace for the wrist to help with this problem thought that I would try that this spring. there are lots of ways to set things up for your fishing needs. I have modified my boat in several ways to make it disabled friendly. I need to learn not to do the overnighters by myself, I know it is dangerous but it seems to be my only time I get to be by my self and totally independent.
    Hi Darrel, I'm C5/6 and fly fish three or four times a week during the season.

I don't have any complex modifications to my rods but have a four inch fighting butt fitted behind the reels and use a two handed grip, trapping the line between my bottom hand and the butt and applying the power with my upper hand on the normal handle.

With two false casts I can put out a full fly line with a 9' 5 weight rod.

It feels a bit strange (as if you're Spey casting for salmon) but as long as it works who cares!

Last edited by Timaru; 01-22-2008 at 12:26 PM.

thats great you mastered that Tim. nothing better then spending the day fishing and forgetting bout everything. what type of salmon you catching ?
    oh well

Quote Originally Posted by kenf
    thats great you mastered that Tim. nothing better then spending the day fishing and forgetting bout everything. what type of salmon you catching ?
    Hi kenf, we only have Atlantic salmon in the UK, I usually have a couple of weeks a year chasing them but my main sport comes from Brown & Rainbow trout.

Timaru,
    hey thanks for that little tidbit of advise, I may have to go out and get a pole like that.. I can use the butt end to help with leverage, I am getting ready to go out the door so will have to chat more later..

DAMN! No one every told me there were boundaries...

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF WATER AND FIBER

Here's another site that may help you guys....

It's got lots of stuff too:
    http://store.accesstr.com/Page.bok?t...=fishing_index

Darryl I noticed you weren't here yet for this thread Shaun ( a disgruntled Leaf fan who abandoned us) started last year..gee 2 yrs now I guess, it's a great thread, check it out.....

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=61104
    Last edited by monkeygirl; 01-22-2008 at 10:01 PM.