Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'on-wheel' brakes that work?

do you know if its possible to switch unilocks between push and pull configurations yourself? i know on some locks its just a matter of changing which holes the bolt goes through. the trouble is that i dont know which configuration will work better with my dodgy coordination - my first thought is that i may find it easier to pull-to-lock, but...

Quote Originally Posted by amyk
    do you know if its possible to switch unilocks between push and pull configurations yourself? i know on some locks its just a matter of changing which holes the bolt goes through. the trouble is that i dont know which configuration will work better with my dodgy coordination - my first thought is that i may find it easier to pull-to-lock, but...
    All it takes is a 5/32" Allen wrench and relocating one bolt from one hole to another.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/attachm...1&d=1202424463
    They generally work best in pull-to-lock configuration. For some reason, however, TiLite orients the handle so that it sticks up when engaged. To re-orient the handle to be parallel to the seat rail (like with the push to lock in the pic), you need a 3/8" wrench and a 1/8" Allen wrench to switch holes. This puzzles me, because when I recently examined a set of Uni-Locks set for pull on a new TX, marks on it indicated the handle was actually repositioned by TiLite to stick up like it does when they built the chair. I had to spend about 10 minutes of my time re-mounting the Uni-Lock handle to put it back to where it was when it was originally manufactured.
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 02-07-2008 at 07:07 PM.

thank you - this whole plan (wijits + brakes) is still percolating, but ill let you know how it goes...

Here are the brakes I was talking about. I like these brakes more than the uniloc's because they swing out of the way when they're not engaged. Another plus is that you don't have the screws and nuts to worry about either.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYCUE
    Here are the brakes I was talking about. I like these brakes more than the uniloc's because they swing out of the way when they're not engaged. Another plus is that you don't have the screws and nuts to worry about either.
    Those do work very well on a Terminator with Shox or Kik tires. Unfortunately, I don't believe they are available any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tym
    I am so glad i dont need brakes cause i junked the ones on my SpaZz, she looks so much better without them...

If i really needed brakes id love to get the disc brakes they make for these things butt probly couldnt spring for how much they;d cost...

How do you transfer without brakes? I pray mine don't budge when I am transferring, and if they did it would be a big "splat" as I went to the floor!