Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think of Hyperbaric Chambers?

Hello. Although I've been a member for a while, this is my first post.

There are a couple of things to clear up about these chambers. First, a CVAC is a hypobaric chamber, not hyper. It utilizes fresh air, temperature changes, and altitude to condition the body. My family has recently opened a CVAC center here in Knoxville, TN and I've been taking treatments for about 2 weeks now. I have an incomplete SCI at C7 which causes severe spasticity all around my torso, between my shoulder blades and down both legs, esp. the right. My right forearm is numb, along with ring and pinkie fingers on both hands. Loads of pain from the injury down, esp. in the lower back. I also have balance issues and leg weakness.

The CVAC astonished me the very first 15 minute session I took. The next day, I took a 40 minute session and had virtually no pain for almost 3 days. My balance improved, which improved my gait. I slept wonderfully, my mood was elevated and my brain felt less foggy. I was able to cut my meds in half within days.

Yes, you do have to go often and it's not cheap. I'm fortunate enough to 'work' there, giving sessions in exchange for my own.

My question is this: will these extreme altitude changes in any way disturb the hardware in my neck? I have a plate/4 screws in the front, and a plate/6 screws and 2 rods, in the back. My discectomy/laminectomy was at C5-C7.

Thank you in advance and thank you all for creating and contributing to such a fantastic forum. Although I've not spoken with you all, I'm here and thankful for all the wonderful information I've gleaned from your posts. I wish you all many smiles, and much laughter.
    Donna

Somehow, I missed seeing this. Thank you for posting this.