Thread: ovarian vein blood clot

Unhappy ovarian vein blood clot

Hi everyone, I am new to this so bare w/ me. I was diagnosed with right ovarian vein thrombosis on 12/24/2007 they admitted me to the ER that day, kept me there for 5 days on heprin drip, send me home w/ Lovanox shots 2x day, and during all od this I have been taking 7.5 mg warfarin. This has been going on for about 4 weeks now, and I cannot get any relief, I went to the ER becuz I thought I had kidney stones and that is still what it feels like. I was wondering if anyone can tell me the lenght of time it takes to feeling normal. I had started to feel a little better, but the last 5 days have been horrible. Any advice I would love to hear
    Thanks-Angie

I never had an ovarian vein thrombosis. But I did have DVT in both of my legs this past summer, my entire legs. That sucked. I was in hospital for 5 days. I didn't have pain, but it screwed up my bladder (had mitro and was peeing like crazy) and bowels (had a couple accidents, changed the way I eat 100%), and I felt really weak for about 8 weeks after. Are you in pain?

My hemotologist put me on lovanox briefly. I wear TED all the time now. The clots went away. I take a baby aspirin daily and my legs are elevated at night.

I hope you feel better. It sucks to be new to this. I was inurjured 2 years ago (C6).

But through this DVT stuff, I was able (thankfully) to live my life fairly normally.

Things will get better, Angie! hang in there. The SCI Nurses on here rock. They helped me out last year when I had an undiagnosed C-Diff infection.

-Meag.

Yes still in pain

Hey thanks for replying. Well I'm glad someone is feeling better, soinds like you have been through this for a while. I think the worst part about it is my pain that I am having. It started to subside, but then came back full force. I have a few Doc appts this week, maybe I can get some answers. Not maky Doctors in the big city of Columbus know much about this specific condition. Apparently it is pretty rare. Well best of luck, Be Happy & Stay Healthy
    Angie

interventional radiologists thread coiled springs into ovarian veins, which then clot off the varicosities which are hurting. Talk to one.

i was also dignossed with right ovarian vein thrombosis on 1/27/2012 n was admited at 9 pm that night n have to taxt 110mg shots of Lovenox injections n 7.5 mg of warfrin n my inr level is still to low n i to would like to know how long the pain will b here for i jus had my second daughter in december on the ninth n i have never had a blood clot before n was wandering cause the amount of pain i am in now is close to wat took me to the er n i dont want to have to go to the er again for it cause it hurts to much to be poked with needles i already look like a pin coushin so if someone could please give me some insite it would b greatly appreciated