Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First snow...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    They were in the middle of a cold snap, 60s by day, 40s by night. T-shirt and shorts weather for a Missouri farm boy like me.
    They were all playing ''look at the idiot''. 40, overcast and rainy is quite chilly. 40 and sunny, not bad.

It's supposed to snow again tonight and quite a bit tomorrow. We'll see if it's picture time again.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

snowed a little here today. what's new?
    T-5 incomplete

Tom, I lasted one month when winter hit in Juneau. I gave it my best and I could not do it. I was far too dependent upon others to go anywhere and do anything. I could only go outdoors alone when the guys had come to snowblow the driveway.

I sat under the "happy light" each day to make up for the lack of sunlight. My b/f did as did all of our friends. It kept the dark from engulfing any of us.

I might make it better now than then. I tried Alaska when I was less than six months out of no longer being a full-time walking quad. I'd landed full-time in the chair after a bad fall and multiple broken bones. Everything was just too much for me then.

Alaska is absolutely beautiful. I miss that.