Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First snow...

First snow...

in like 6 years!! Or atleast in the new house. It started late this afternoon while I was at the bank. I got a pic when I got home and then some right before dark so it would be easier to see. It's cold but not cold enough as it's like 35 right now. North of Atl is expecting 4'' of accumulation as it's already produced over 1''.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

oh how cool! Great pics Jeff! Thanks for sharing them....you got a fireplace in that mansion right? you better get it started up and warm up the place...If it's anything like Ohio's gonna be this weekend, you're in for a cold one and MORE snow...We're gonna get down to 3 degrees on Sat...YIKES!!!
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

AWESOME PICS Jeff.Enjoy the new house.Hope you make some wonderful memories in it like that one.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

12 degrees here

and snow too.....LOL

A little snow aint gonna hurt ya....

The yard/hill lake really looks good...
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Thanks guys. Plenty of good times so far Geno, plenty more to come. No on the fireplace 'Chelle. I had tio leave my woodburning insert with a blower at my other house.. it would heat damn near the whole house.

DD, you're just braggin' about 12, lol. Add the wind chill here and........ ur still colder.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Too bad about the fireplace. We used to have a really good insert when we lived in Ohio. We could get the temp. in our family room up to 85+ degrees. You could sit there in your underwear and look out at the snow piled up outside. It’s a great feeling. Cozy.

If you have a lot of cold weather there, you might want to consider a free standing fireplace or a Franklin stove.

Only sleet here. Nice pictures.

Beautiful pictures Jeff Plenty of snow in P.A.
    For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

Quote Originally Posted by ala

If you have a lot of cold weather there, you might want to consider a free standing fireplace or a Franklin stove.
    Too much cold for me but as opposed to most places, it's very tolerable. We get cold, a wet cold, but it can be in the 20's one day and go back in the 50's the next. Our Winters don't last really long and not too blustery with wind. Rare is today for some snow as I bet I'll have a nice wintery pic in the a.m. Thought about a pellet stove or the like, but as long as I have my small heater close by, I'm good.

Thx addiesue and anty.. I'm sure snow is on the way C.

Great pics, Jeff.

We got snow, too. I watched the flakes fall until I fell asleep. It's sleeting now, expected to turn to rain.

We're due more white stuff here Saturday. Anyone else expecting frozen precip this weekend in an area where you generally don't get it?

It's an EVENT when it happens here. I mean a break into regularly scheduled programming EVENT with forecasters telling us we are in a Winter Storm Warning because snow flakes are BEGINNING TO FALL. You'd think nuclear bombs were about to be detonated over the city.

I bet most stores are out of milk, bread and toilet paper. What makes people go crazy for those things when snow is expected, when the flakes start? Do they think they'll want to drink more milk, eat more bread and use more toilet paper because it's snowing? Maybe they need all that toilet paper because they are drinking more milk and eating more bread. Maybe they, well, you know.

I understand not wanting to be without certain items if the roads are bad and/or impassable, but it seems to be milk, bread and toilet paper most people think they'll be lacking.

Me? I don't want to be without green tea, fresh fruits and veggies, and for the Wonder Dog in my life, her favorite treats. I haven't gone all Soldier of Fortune survivalist, but I keep what I need and want in abundance so I don't come up short. Maybe it's not driving in a city of the car obsessed or living alone with SCI and cp that has me planning my life in such advance.

Whatever it is, think I'll head back to my bunker and sleep until daylight if I'm lucky, eh?
    Last edited by LaMemChose; 01-17-2008 at 03:16 AM. Reason: typos galore