Thread: Humans Crave Violence Just Like Sex

Humans Crave Violence Just Like Sex

New research on mice shows the brain processes aggressive behavior as it does other rewards. Mice sought violence, in fact, picking fights for no apparent reason other than the rewarding feeling.

The mouse brain is thought to be analogous to the human brain in this study, which could shed light on our fascination with brutal sports as well as our own penchant for the classic bar brawl.

In fact, the researcher say, humans seem to crave violence just like they do sex, food or drugs.
    more

This explains a lot. But we already knew this, didn't we?
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Ah, maybe this explains all the arguementation that goes on here at Curecare, the instinctive need to fight.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee
    Ah, maybe this explains all the arguementation that goes on here at Curecare, the instinctive need to fight.
    WHO ASKED YOU?

J/k - no doubt that some of our scraps push that reward button. I think this is fascinating. Maybe we will someday learn to rewire our brains through meditation. Imagine a society where everybody wasn't going around locked and loaded waiting to get their rocks off.
    Last edited by Foolish Old; 01-18-2008 at 07:19 AM.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old
    WHO ASKED YOU?

J/k - no doubt that some of our scraps push that reward button. I think this is fascinating. Maybe we will someday learn to rewire our brains through meditation. Imagine a society where everybody wasn't going around locked and loaded waiting to get their rocks off.
    Hey, I think some ol guy wrote a song about that. Little while later somebody shot him.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old
    WHO ASKED YOU?

I think when a "Orgasmatron" like in the movie "Sleeper" is discovered, it will help out a great deal .
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred