Thread: sci nurse help

sci nurse help

i have a super pubic thurs i woke up wet thought i quink tube not so i got an apt they changed my tube no infection a little blood he put me on uno blue for bladder spams. ok dry rest of thurs and friday sat i soak myself and sunday nothing coming from sp i go to emerccy room they cath me i get home i am wet again not coming from sp but the other how? i am cathed?
    last night i stayed dry have a call in to dr office as this not right
    sci nurse any ideas

It sounds like the suprapubic tube is causing some spasticity in the bladder. This forces the foley tube to shut off and the urine to take the path of least resistance.

I wonder why this is happening all of the sudden? Do you have stones? The balloon size change?

CKF

i got in yesterday to see dr. he re did sp and took foley out put me on diopran
    also going to do a bladder thing next week , but he told me i still would leak a little till bladder calm down. have had this sp since 8/01 not a problem.was just so scared of skin issues.

thanks nurse

mine does that sometimes too vicky. as matter of fact just had mine changed a couple hours ago just after 2 wks. woke up 3 mornings this week in pee.

they say bladder spazms, could be a uti or catheter not in just quite right. i think mine was choice #3, haha. i feel better already today. hopefully your spazmz will calm down or whatever and we can have dry mornings again in barnesville, hehe.

they put me on ditro one time too back when i first got mine. ins. quit payin for it and i haven't needed it since anyways. my new urologist said i shouldn't need ditro anyways with a supra.