Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urine Analysis

Urine Analysis

Just Wondering.. I Take Oxycontin,roxicodone And Xanax(prescribed). I Took Some Dilaudids(hydromorphone) Over The Weekend 7-8 Pills 4mg. Well I Went To My Doc On Wed. And He Popped A U/a On Me. My Question Is Will The Hydromorphone Show Up? I Am Aware That Oxy Turns Into "hydromorphone" Once Ingested, So Will The Diluadids Be Undetectable Since I Am Prescribed The Oxy's?will It Just Appear As Oxy?

Quote Originally Posted by predestyned
    Just Wondering.. I Take Oxycontin,roxicodone And Xanax(prescribed). I Took Some Dilaudids(hydromorphone) Over The Weekend 7-8 Pills 4mg. Well I Went To My Doc On Wed. And He Popped A U/a On Me. My Question Is Will The Hydromorphone Show Up? I Am Aware That Oxy Turns Into "hydromorphone" Once Ingested, So Will The Diluadids Be Undetectable Since I Am Prescribed The Oxy's?will It Just Appear As Oxy?
    I hope it all shows on you in the UA. You're mixing a lot of meds that can dangerously slow respiration and heartbeat. I'd hate to see you die of an overdose from mixing non-prescribed drugs with your rx's.

Are you SCI, predest? Your profile doesn't say. If you are SCI and pass out or have delayed reactions due to the major shitload of opiates and benzos you're scarfing down, you can decompensate cognitively and end up with nasty pressure sores from not moving, from staying in one place too long. You're not thinking pressure shifts when loaded.

You may also forget to cath or have less than clean caths due to impaired thinking. You can totally fuck up your kidneys without meaning to.

Your see and pee may have your doc in a positition where she/he can no longer prescribe meds for you. If your doc did a multi-panel dip test, the results should have been visible almost immediately.

When do you see your doc again?

Your other post on this forum was about crushing and injecting your medication. Answering your question would only be enabling your addictive behaviors. Have you considered rehab? It is always amazing how many people like you who suffer from unrelieved chronic pain find their pain manageable with non-opiates like NSAIDS once they get clean. And life becomes good to boot. Just something to consider........ since as your behaviors escalate, and they will, you are looking at institutions, jail, or death. But then there is a part of you that already knows this.

May God be with you......... This disease is cunning, baffling, and powerful. Please don't let it destroy your life, and that of your loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by dunwawry
    Your other post on this forum was about crushing and injecting your medication. Answering your question would only be enabling your addictive behaviors. Have you considered rehab? It is always amazing how many people like you who suffer from unrelieved chronic pain find their pain manageable with non-opiates like NSAIDS once they get clean. And life becomes good to boot. Just something to consider........ since as your behaviors escalate, and they will, you are looking at institutions, jail, or death. But then there is a part of you that already knows this.

May God be with you......... This disease is cunning, baffling, and powerful. Please don't let it destroy your life, and that of your loved ones.
    I'd not read the other post about crushing and snorting the stuff.

She's right about jails, institutions and death, predestyned. If you don't get some help, you'll go places you never imagined and not in a good way.

When you get ready to get help, it's there, Predestyned. I wish you the best.

what is SCI?
    SCI = spinal cord injured

This website is designed for people with spinal cord injuries, their family members and caregivers. You sound like you found this through a search engine related to pain and started posting here. Most people on this forum have chronic neuropathic pain, and while they may be taking large amounts of controlled drugs, they are not addicts. Your behaviors demonstrate addictive behaviors, and you need to get help.

If you physician did a urinalysis tox screen, your drugs will show up. If he did just a normal urinalysis for general health, a tox screen is not usually included, but I suspect that he already knows you are abusing so wanted to confirm that.

Please get help. You can start by finding an attending a Narcotic Anonymous group in your area. Ask your physician for help, and be honest about your abuse of drugs. Your life depends on it.

(KLD)

Banned
    Yes, the moderator is correct. You are in trouble and perhaps do not realize how far you have gone. If you have chronic pain, there are programs for people with both chronic pain and addition. Goggle Suboxone it might be the right way to go with a rehab program. I have been a Addiction Med. counselor for 32yrs. Addiction is not your fault, it is a brain disease. However recovery IS your responsibility. Addiction is NOT a moral issue but a medical issue. I wish you the best. I have 33yrs. clean and sober today. I keep my clean date by taking my meds as prescribed,everyone in my life knows what meds I take and that I am and addict, including all of my medical providers. My best to you. Danya

predestyned,
    You have gotten lots of good feedback and everyone is on the same page. There is a saying: "If one person tells you that you have a tail, be skeptical. If a second person tells you, you might want to turn around and check. If a third person tells you, you might as well start wagging it." You've got more than three here. Nobody is judging you here. You are not a bad person. You suffer from a disease, one that is progressive and incurable, but there IS treatment. We merely want you to get help before you kill yourself or somebody else. At least check out NA or AA (many addicts who don't drink go to AA) as KLD recommended.

yes thnx for all of the replies i must say that deep down inside i hope that i fail the test and the doc takes me off. i am affraid though that he will just refuse to see me anymore and leave me to my own vices as to detoxing. that is my worst fear . i have been on pain meds for about 3-4 yrs. so i know it is gonna be hell to cold turkey! i am married with 3 children and the shame of being addicted is tremendous.