Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urine Analysis

hey the first step to recovery is to recognize that you have a problem..now to look for help, addiction is nothing to be ashamed of. lots of ppl have been there and got through it. I will admit to being one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by predestyned
    i am married with 3 children and the shame of being addicted is tremendous.
    predestyned,
    About shame........

You are only as sick as your secrets.

You are not alone. You don't have to do this alone. You can't do this alone. There is a whole fellowship out there who wants to help you.

You might pass this tox screen, but it is only a matter of time before your doctor catches on. When he does, he WILL stop treating you, that is a no-brainer. Your family WILL find out, if they don't already suspect. This is a progressive disease, without treatment, it gets worse and worse, trying to chase that high. And it is a fatal disease. One pill is too many, and a thousand is not enough. And it is an equal opportunity disease, affecting people from all walks of life.

I have been through drug addiction with three of my sisters, as well as working professionally in the field (most recently with medical professionals whose licenses were at risk, and yes, some lost them, as I said, it is an equal opportunity employer, a couple even got prison sentences). It destroys people's lives, and it destroys their families. Don't think for a minute it is not already having a profound impact on your family and your children. It is the elephant in the living room, so to speak. Whether anyone is willing to admit the elephant is there or not, that elephant is cra**ing everywhere. My point is not to make you feel guilty, or further shame, guilt is not a useful emotion, except to motivate change. Nobody can change the past, but we can make different, and better, decisions today.

I know that you may not be ready yet. You may not have hit bottom. Some people have very deep bottoms, and some die before they ever hit bottom. I hope that you are not one of those.

You have taken the first step by admitting you have a problem. Go to some meetings. You can find schedules online by googling AA or NA and your area. They are anonymous. I promise, they can help. They have walked the same path as you, and recovered. (If you need to detox, it can be done with medical supervision, and although not a walk in the park, they will give you medications that will make it more comfortable. And there are addictionologists who specialize in treating those with chronic pain, using opiates if appropriate, but you will most likely have to travel to a relatively large city......... but don't be surprised if you don't need them anymore, this disease is cunning, baffling, and powerful.) They have found a life that is better than they ever imagined it could be. You can too. There is hope, but you must take that first step.

May God be with you.

Does anyone know what drugs the doctor looks for when you have a urine screen to get suboxone?

Well predestined i married a woman who was in a wheelchair she had no hip or Femur and other medical problems and she took Oxcycontin & Ocycodone for pain this was when it was "new" non addicting best painkiller on the market Doctors gave it away like candy and my wife became a victim of that, in the end taking 1800+ milligrams a day i asked Doctors lawyers judges police rehabs anybody to help me stop her and no body saw this as a problem ,she could not take enough to fight her pain in the end and committed suicide and now i am in a wheelchair and i am taking Oxycodone but i am taking it as prescribed and my Pain Management Doctor has no doubt that if i wasn't i would turn myself in to my therapist who runs the addiction rehab center here locally because i told her the story of living in the shadow of my deceased Wife in detail that i don't go into here and before i was done i had already thrown up twice just revisiting what i went through being married to an addict, so next time your gonna crush sniff snort smoke or inject a drug think of the other four lives that are being affected by what your about to do, and if you still ant to do the drug think of do they have the money to bury me?? because if they don't the only way to deal with your body is for no one to claim it and have the county cremate you and spread your ashes at potters field,so no funeral, no visitation , no graveside service, no tombstone ,you are just fertilizer buddy plain and simple= the way not to get cold turkey is to go in now and tell your doctor you are addicted and want help otherwise if he finds it out from GCMS he will cut you off cold turkey because there is a difference between having a metabolite of a drug in you and having the actual drug in you- so i would start confessing on Monday if i where you.

Kristina9880

Whatever drugs the doctor wants to look for they can look for, they just specify what drug they want. As far as drugs of abuse those are all automatically checked for any Benzo or opiate, barbiturates , and certain muscle relaxers as well as marijuana cocaine exctasy or any of the known street "designer drugs"