Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're having a baby

We're having a baby

What a thrill to announce to the whole world that we are having a baby. I wanted to share the exciting news with all my CC friends.

Made ya look..We have a pair of bald eagles here in town, sitting on a clutch! We're hoping the eggs have hatched by now.....the pair have been unusually restless. Last years eggs were duds, much to all our disappointment. Take a peak at this:

http://www.audubonofflorida.org/frie...eagle/cam.html

Yea I know, I know. What a bird geek I am, have been for years...this pair has become an addiction too. It is one of the coolest thing I have ever witnessed.

Actually, there is another bald eagle in my hood too. My neighbors snapped a pic of it, in a tree, watching the pond. Too bad I was not home to see the bird but do keep a sharp lookout now!

Enjoy the view,
    Pam

Mazel tov!!
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! IS this your first?

yes...and guess what..I think the egg/s hatched for sure. I just observed the pair tearing and shredding meat, feeding it to a youngin. I leave the live cam on and monitor it through out the day.

Eagle facts...Did you know 50% of hatchlings survive the first year and reach full size at 12 weeks. Both parents share the duty equally of raising the babies.

Funny thing about this pair..the nest is located in an upity, guards at the gate, mult-imillion dollar home, Ginn golf course community.

Ok I'll stop....

Congratulations! We have a nesting pair of bald eagles near our house too. Their baby didn't survive last year but they came back this fall and built the nest up again. We see them almost daily terrorizing the ducks and geese and looking for fish. They are such majestic birds. That is so cool that you can watch with a live cam. Can't wait for an update!

momo3,

The eggs have hatched and the adults are behaving in a manner that shows this. I observed the pair ripping scraps of flesh off a small animal and feeding into the lower part of the nest. We are hoping to see the new ones soon as they are down in the bottom half.

I bet your pair give the ducks a run for the money. Eagles really are amazing creatures.

VERY cool, I was expecting a grandbaby announcement. I know you'll forgive me for not assuming you were fixing to pop one out yourself!

You're only as old as you feel...and you and I feel too damned old to give birth!

I was lucky to have worked in Alaska in my youth and we would feed them from the boat, it was wild to see a dozen Eagles roosting on the mast and boom sticks (crane). I have seen an Eagle take a duck out one time that was real tough. will try to dig up some old pictures and post some time this week.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    VERY cool, I was expecting a grandbaby announcement. I know you'll forgive me for not assuming you were fixing to pop one out yourself!

You're only as old as you feel...and you and I feel too damned old to give birth!

Ani't that the truth Bethany.

Quote Originally Posted by darrel
    I was lucky to have worked in Alaska in my youth and we would feed them from the boat, it was wild to see a dozen Eagles roosting on the mast and boom sticks (crane). I have seen an Eagle take a duck out one time that was real tough. will try to dig up some old pictures and post some time this week.

I'd love to see you photos!